By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox 360 Sonic Game? (Unconfirmed pictures taken from Sega FTP site)

naznatips said:
Dromafett said:

The Real Mario & Sonic game should be like this:

Nevermind... watch it here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/380713

I only have one thing to say about that move: Shadow sucks. He should have stayed dead at the end of Sonic Adventure 2.

What? He was the strongest guy of the movie, he is so strong he could stand agains Supermetalsonic alone.

Around the Network

I don't think that looks like a wii game either. Namely because it's sega doing it. That looks just as good as Super Mario Galaxy, if not better from a technical standpoint (looks more crisp, better detail and lighting). Is it possible on the wii? Maybe. Would sega be the one to accomplish that on wii? Not a chance in hell. Plus, the 720P thing too. Sega isn't going to be pushing the wii to it's limits. They can barely put out a decent game let alone push a system's power.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

There's absolutely no way in hell that could EVER be a Wii game. Some people have seriously distorted views on what Wii can and can't do. :s

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

fazz said:
thetonestarr said:
The original images are in 720p resolution.

Just sayin'.

OmG!1 720p on Wii conFirMedZ!!!

@Legend11: What if it's for the Ps3 huh? ;D

@naznatips: Er... uh, what textures? The white buildings are VERY lacking in that, and the sand-colored ones are not that great either. Not to mention the super-blurry texture of the floor and lack of self-shadowing on objects. Very Wii-doable to me.

On-topic: What if it's a version for the three consoles? Yeah, I'm such an outrageous guy.

Sorry Fazz, I hate having to be the one to bring Wii owners to reality. You are one of the many who points to new games and says they can be done on Wii. Just as a bunch did with Street Fighter 4 and Tales of Vespersia. I know not everyone in the world has spent time studying computer graphics, but guys it really doesn't take much to get a basic understanding of graphical prowess.

From a technical standpoint these are superior to Super Mario Galaxy, and even if some of this were theoretically possible on Wii, Sega wouldn't be doing it. The floor and building textures (looking at the sand buildings for a closeup) are far above what's been on the Wii so far from a purely technical standpoint. It's just not happening.

Guys I really wish people on this site would take some time to learn more about graphics. Just a little. Flip through some screens. Take an online course on it. Do something, but I'm tired of explaining to half the Wii owners on the site everytime new screens of a game come out why those screens aren't of a Wii game.

You guys know I am in no way out to attack the Wii. There may be a Wii version, but this isn't it. 

These graphics look better than anything on Wii, and look way too good to be a Wii game. The Sonic in Smash Brothers, one of the Wii's best looking games, doesn't look nearly as good. None-the-less, I want this game badly! I'm buying it no matter what console is comes out for. I have been waiting for a true next-gen Sonic game for a while now, and this looks pretty good.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

@Cheebee: You're right, I just analyzed Sonic and the Secret Rings screen shots and Mario Galaxy screen shots. Mario Galaxy is about as close as you get to what you see above for the Wii and sadly Mario Galaxy doesn't look as well detailed.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Riot Of The Blood said:
These graphics look better than anything on Wii, and look way too good to be a Wii game. The Sonic in Smash Brothers, one of the Wii's best looking games, doesn't look nearly as good. None-the-less, I want this game badly! I'm buying it no matter what console is comes out for. I have been waiting for a true next-gen Sonic game for a while now, and this looks pretty good.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/929718.asp Enjoy it Riot!

Seriously Secret Rings actually did a lot right. If they added a backup camera, got rid of the stuipd plot and dialogue, and got rid of the RPG system that made you buy better controls it would be the best 3D Sonic.

@Naznatips: The controls and hit detection were completely broken in the game. There was no saving it...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
@Naznatips: The controls and hit detection were completely broken in the game. There was no saving it...

The controls were not completely broken.  Not at all. What was broken was that you had to buy better controls.  Chances are you didn't get far enough to notice that...

Hit detection was fine, it was just the timing that was difficult. 

the small textures (buildings, floors) look better then anything the wii has seen. and let's be serious, sega is making this game.... they would never ever push the wii, or any other system for that matter, to the limits.

i think it's sub par (relatively speaking) ps3 or 360 graphics.