By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Personal Opinion: The Pokémon 20th anniversary will be remembered as the best gaming anniversary in 2016

Will Pokémon have the best/most memorable gaming anniversary in 2016 ?

Yes, it will. 36 62.07%

No, Zelda will be better. 10 17.24%

No, Sonic will be better. 5 8.62%

No, another franchise wil... 7 12.07%

Total:58

Voted for Sonic Just to feel special.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
Boutros said:
Dragon Quest 30th anniversary is pretty significant in Japan.

But outside of Japan ? DQXI certainly won't come to the west in 2016 meaning that the only games we'll get are DQVII and DQVIII on the 3DS both of which were already available on other systems...

They consider the Dragon Quest 30th anniversary to be from May 27, 2016 to May 27, 2017 so it doesn't have to come out in 2016 to be part of the 30th anniversary. And I just think the DQ anniversary might be more significant for Japanese fans than the Pokemon one will. Outside of Japan isn't even a contest though lol

Einsam_Delphin said:
LipeJJ said:
Market-wise, yes. Actual content (games), no

I mean, Zelda Wii U + TP HD >>>> Bunch of mobile spin offs + Pokkén.

Pokemon Z will be announced soon, maybe, hopefully!

Hopefully! And if it's good, it may change my opinion about the anniversary.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Hiku said:
bigtakilla said:

Here you go

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/games/stories/1331767879861/video-game-anniversaries-in-2016-list

There's also Wild Arms 20th anniversary.

True.

Pokemon is a bigger franchise, so yeah.

Around the Network

So what do you think now people, since I first opened this thread Sun & Moon were announced while Zelda U was delayed, is it now safe to say that Pokémon will get the best anniversary in 2016 ?

The Sonic games were announced for 2017, which isn't the anniversary. Pokémon got the best anniversary given the rise of Pokémon GO imho

Yeah it's a closed deal at this point, Pokemon wins!

And Metroid will be remembered as the worst? :S

MohammadBadir said:
And Metroid will be remembered as the worst? :S

DQ has nothing, XI was announced last year and will come out next year, the only thing we got were the 3DS ports of VII and VIII which don't really matter for most of the fans who already played them...