By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One gotta go: Hack and Slash edition

Which one gotta go?

God of War 3 29 38.16%

Devil May Cry 3 18 23.68%

Bayonetta 2 22 28.95%

See results 7 9.21%

Total:76

Hello everyone, the latest edition of "one gotta go" is here!

Last week´s edition saw a lot of activity, therefore a lot of votes, unfortunately Kingdom Hearts recieved 47% of those votes, meaning is the rpg franchise that has to go.

Time for a new contest please read before you vote because some people misunderstood and voted wrong.

So what´s this thing about? easy, I choose 3 games (or franchises) of the same genre (or similar) and you pick the one you would eliminate from history (meaning it never existed so you never got a chance to play it)

Please be sure to share some comments when you vote because I do like reading your thoughts

If you have some ideas for the contest please let me know (I know I can use some )

Let´s take a look at the 3 games of this edition

So, which one gotta go?

Around the Network

That's actually a hard choice, but I'll go with God of War III. :S

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Had it been Bayonetta 1, I would have had a tougher time, but since it's the weaker one of the 2, it was easy to pick Bayonetta 2.

It's kind of unfair since you have used DMC 3 which introduced multiple fight styles and is known to be the best in the series, against GOW3 which blew everyone away with its set pieces, scale and amazing boss fights that still are unmatched, to Bayonetta 2, which had a smaller campaign, less gameplay variation (remember the space Harrier moment in Bayonetta 1?!), and was a hell of a lot easier than the first.

Tough choice but compared to those 3 games, definitely Bayonetta 2.

Ugh tough one, if I had to choose, probably DMC 3.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I'll go with God of War 3. Never played DMC3 either but its general aesthetic and design appeals to me more than GoW, and Bayonetta 2 is just amazing.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I'll have to go with Devil May Cry 3. Devil May Cry 2 burned me so badly I don't have any desire to ever play the franchise again. Yeah, yeah, I know, DMC3 is miles miles better than DMC2 and blah blah blah. No, I still don't have the desire. And I've played a bit of it (Beaten that first boss, the Cerberus dog) but that's pretty much it.

I didn't like GoW 3 at first, but a friend convinced me to beat it and in the end I managed to enjoy it somewhat. Bayonetta 2 is very fun despite me not liking hack n' slash much, so it's the most noteworthy in my eyes.

Devil May Cry 3, just because it's the only one i haven't played yet.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Definetely God of War. Not a bad game, but both DMC and Bayonetta have an unique charm and feeling, wich is cool and silly at the same time. GOW takes itself too seriously, also that "in-your-face" gore and nude make it seems like it was made for 12yo. Yes, DMC and especially Bayonetta have some of those, but i think the way its handled was better. The oversexualization of Bayonetta was very over the top, not to be taken seriously, wich fits the game tone.

I would cast out Bayonetta 2 ...