By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Head-to-Head Comparison

That's just nonsense. You're totally overreacting to this, or your hate (legitimate, since it's a disappointment for a lot of people who expected better) is blinding you.

Wait for the game to release and play it (or just look at it on a real screen), then come at me and say again that it's the same as the original. You won't, cause it's obviously not the case.

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:
That's just nonsense. You're totally overreacting to this, or your hate (legitimate, since it's a disappointment for a lot of people who expected better) is blinding you.

Wait for the game to release and play it (or just look at it on a real screen), then come at me and say again that it's the same as the original. You won't, cause it's obviously not the case.

I'm not saying is the same, but neither is way way better. This remaster is dissapointing as they have 4x times of TWWHD development time. On top of that, aren't those real screens? Now is people going to invent real and fake screens to defend this lazy work?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Edwardooo said:

Wheter or not you're disappointed by the upgrades isn't what I'm talking about, I'm talking about people whos says that it looks the same. I accept that the game clearly isn't the best remaster I've seen, but please, how in the world is this equal or juste a little bit above a freaking gamecube game ? It's absolutely not, and obviously way way better than the original. There isn't a single Wii U game (well, except Wii games, such as Rodea I suppose) that's visually the same or with a little difference than a gamecube game.

It's just obvious, I should not even say that.

Way way better?

Way way better was The Wind Waker HD, a game that can compete with Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, SSBWii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda HD. This one? Never.

WW HD is totally different thing, because of great art style that aged great game looks beautiful only with better resolution and lightning. TP didnt look great even in 2006. but today looks terrible, so even in remaster can't look great because of art style that aged very bad, but definitely looks better than original.

Pavolink said:
Edwardooo said:

I'm not saying is the same, but neither is way way better. This remaster is dissapointing as they have 4x times of TWWHD development time. On top of that, aren't those real screens? Now is people going to invent real and fake screens to defend this lazy work?

Okay,  look.

Zelda Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game, so it's a 480p game (or something around that), Twilight Princess HD is a Wii U game so it's at least 720p but I think it will be 1080p like Wind Waker HD.

You want to know why there isn't a huge difference when looking at two screens ? 'cause obviously, the smaller a picture is, the better it looks, since you won't see too much aliasing or bad textures when you look at a screen on your little PC screen or smartphone. That's why I told you to play the original game on your Full HD TV (if you're able to), to see what's really Twilight Princess today. A lot of wii games suffer of the same problems, Xenoblade Chronicles for example.

And that's where the HD of Twilight Princess Wii U will make the game way way better than the original, 'cause it will look good even on a big screen, compared to the original which absolutely don't. The resolution upgrade, every textures that has been redone, every 3D model redone, the hideous blurry effect that has been completely removed, and a lot of technical upgrades.

I know that you're disappointed by the game, I'm too, I expected a better Lightning System in the remaster just like they did with Wind Waker HD (which has only that, textures haven't been redone on WWHD, not like TPHD), and I'm not especially defending the game, I can truly understand why people wouldn't want to buy it, or would prefer to keep their original copy instead. But that's absolutely not an excuse for saying that the game only looks "a bit better" than the original, it's just false. No matter what.

Well it does look better, but to be fair twilight princess really hasn't aged well.

Around the Network

Can't see much difference to be honest, if its just a sharpness improvement because of hdmi and a few improved textures it seems a bit of a rip-off.

I was hoping for a bigger upgrade with more on screen.

The dolphin emulated version with the improved graphics mod looks as good or better in some places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R9jkD-w1Dk

Must admit I still like the idea of getting tp hd but it would need to be really cheap. Twilight Princess is one of the few games I think where I stopped playing as it looked so bland and unattractive. I absolutely adored windwaker though.

Sadly it looks like not much love and attention has been given to the wii u version. To be so similar after 10 years or so since the original release seems lazy.

Graphic power of the original gamecube 8 gflops, graphic power of the wii 11 or 12 gflops, graphic power of the wii u at least 176 gflops possibly 352 gflops. That's at least 22x the gpu power. They could have done much more and probably the comparison with Zelda U when it comes out is going to be shocking.

Pavolink said:
Edwardooo said:

Do you think Tantulus could've done better? I don't know much about their history of developing games.

Volterra_90 said:
I don't know if it's an official prize, or just an Amazon estimation, but it's at 45€ on Amazon Spain without the amiibo. Which is actually very expensive to me, since I've bought new games for that prize.

Should be official. I buy almost all of my games from amazon.es and they are always "cheaper" compared to the US.

Shame I still can't preorder the limited edition, I will be pissed if I miss it, that soundtrack needs to be mine (don't really care too much for the amiibo).

Now that you say it, it's kinda expensive for 45€, I bought Super mario maker for 39€ and Splatoon for 40€ with the amiibo, should be cheaper! Starfox is 40€ as well, maybe they think Zelda, as a more established franchise, should be priced higher.

Pavolink said:

Way way better?

Way way better was The Wind Waker HD, a game that can compete with Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, SSBWii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda HD. This one? Never.

While I think that WWHD is a better remake (the new lights and improved resolution agive the game a different feeling), and TPHD is the worst Zelda remake this gen, but, it's not close on a graphical level to the games you listed. It has an advantage, its cell-shading graphics are almost timeless, and it looks gorgeous. But from a technical point of view, it's not that great. Well, the fact is that at least I got that game for free, I'm not willing to pay 45€ for TPHD. I might buy the amiibo just because collector purposes, but that's it. 

Pavolink said:

Where's you get 4 times longer? They said that Wind Waker HD took 6 months to make, so is there any source saying that Twilight Princess HD has been in development for 2 years?

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!