By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The thumbs down system is broken, abused by trolls

The thumbs down/up system

Is abused and should be only thumb up 15 23.44%

Is abused and should be given as privilege 4 6.25%

Is abused and those who a... 8 12.50%

Is what it is, and reflec... 37 57.81%

Total:64

I'd probably not think too hard about it, I never cared for thumbs up/down system.

If people wanna downvote my opinion, they can go right ahead.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

It's a dumb post, downvoting seems acceptable to spare other people from rolling their eyes out of their sockets after reading that

you got one dislike from me now^^ and for this thread, I have some people I always downvote.

padib said:
Roronaa_chan said:
It's a dumb post, downvoting seems acceptable to spare other people from rolling their eyes out of their sockets after reading that

Okay, you are the clever one, how is it dumb?

If you are able to emit such a judgement, support it with logic. Otherwise stay quiet.

Don't ask others to support something with logic when you haven't done that yourself to begin with

Isn't it just the visual equivalent of disagreeing? Perhaps people didn't agree with you.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

The system is a failure. The way people down-vote posts for simply presenting an opinion they do not share is pathetic and counter productive to actual discussion. The general population of internet users cannot handle self-moderation. As it stands, unless you post something you know is going to mirror popular opinion, you might as well not post at all.

Thumbs down feature abused by trolls? Totally not seen that happening before.

padib said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Don't ask others to support something with logic when you haven't done that yourself to begin with

To say that something is front-loaded, in an article with a graph, does not require a paragraph of logic.

Support that statement with logic

padib said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Okay, you are the clever one, how is it dumb?

If you are able to emit such a judgement, support it with logic. Otherwise stay quiet.

And he's able to, with the thumbs down. I also think it's not a true claim. So another thumbs down for ya.

There's no basis for a playstation console to be front loaded. 

pokoko said:
The system is a failure. The way people down-vote posts for simply presenting an opinion they do not share is pathetic and counter productive to actual discussion. The general population of internet users cannot handle self-moderation. As it stands, unless you post something you know is going to mirror popular opinion, you might as well not post at all.

But that isn't always the point of up/down vote system. It's to get the best posts to the top. While, it will have its drawbacks as a popular opinion can float to the top, a well done post will always get love and attention.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Happy Dolphin, your threads and comments are weak (most of the time) and usually require its participants/respondents to do the heavy lifting that you are too lazy to do. That's why you are constantly thumbed down.