By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

I think NX is going to completely change Nintendo hardware forever, it's not going to be a simple "console" that's an upgrade to the Wii U.

So in that sense I think we need to be patient as well and see what the hell the platform is as well.

For example it would not stun me if NX is multiple pillars including a cloud streaming service ... in which case you could enjoy NX games even on a Wii U or 3DS (provided your internet connection is decent). And there could be physical NX models on top of that.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Like they did not support Wii after GC and TP going crossgen!?

Yet again like I told Pavolink, it got a different crowd, there is no conclusive evidence whether it did or did not.

Pure fact is TP on Wii huge success in every possible way. But you keep denying that.

bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:

So, that people waited until the Wii U to jum the ship, not on the Wii. Ah see the lack of logic in that.

No, Wii did not go after the usual Nintendo crowd and succeeded at it. There is no definitive proof one way or the other, only speculation.

So, all those TP Wii sales were because the different crowd.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Soundwave said:
Nem said:

I'm pretty sure the Wii U has outsold the DC.

Nintendo IS making money off the Wii U. Have you looked at the price? Also, games like Mario Maker, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bro's, amiibo's have been making them alot of money.

Nintendo isnt showing support for anything since Iwata passed away and we started having hardly any directs.

Therefore, if it does come out, its not because of those reason, but likelihood is it won't. Also... because the president himself said it... haha... but i know we are supposed to selectively choose our quotes to make an NX claim.

Wii U is barely past the DC and really only past it because Sega was forced to stop selling the Dreamcast. 

The only console that's sold worse than the Wii U into year 4 from any of the major console makers (Sega/Nintendo/MS) is the Saturn when the market was like 60% the size it is today. 

This is why Nintendo is not willing to put a real Animal Crossing on Wii U. There are oppurtunity costs, a new "real" Animal Crossing takes Nintendo 3-4 years to make, it will sell 10+ million on the NX (portable alone). Wasting it on the Wii U is something they're not willing to do. 

Oh... i see you are one of those that already decided what the NX will be. Lets enter the realm of fantasy again. Le sigh...

You made such a nice post above. Why are we going back to this? :/

Nintendo has been doing shit to piss off certain portions of their fan base since the early 90s at least. I know because I've followed Nintendo for that long. I remember snapping up EGM magazines dying for information on the SNES CD-ROM.

They will always be that way. Either you enjoy their games or you don't. That's all it comes down to.

Around the Network

You guys who are saying that zelda u is going to be releasing on two platforms are lucky that school started this week and that I'm stuck in class right now.
To those saying that zelda u will stay exclusive: I'm sorry. I know, my people need me. I need to be here to fight in this battle but I just haven't had any time. I'm hoping to be here tonight and we will prove these people wrong and then make fun of them for being incorrect.

Nem said:
Soundwave said:

Wii U is barely past the DC and really only past it because Sega was forced to stop selling the Dreamcast. 

The only console that's sold worse than the Wii U into year 4 from any of the major console makers (Sega/Nintendo/MS) is the Saturn when the market was like 60% the size it is today. 

This is why Nintendo is not willing to put a real Animal Crossing on Wii U. There are oppurtunity costs, a new "real" Animal Crossing takes Nintendo 3-4 years to make, it will sell 10+ million on the NX (portable alone). Wasting it on the Wii U is something they're not willing to do. 

Oh... i see you are one of those that already decided what the NX will be. Lets enter the realm of fantasy again. Le sigh...

You made such a nice post above. Why are we going back to this? :/

What relam of fantasy? If I'm Nintendo I'm saving the next Animal Crossing for the next portable, whatever it is. The sales data overwhelmingly supports such a move, not doing so likely would cost Nintendo millions of dollars. 

This isn't a fantasy land where business performance has no bearing on game releases and that a company is making games because they're your friend or something ... real life doesn't work like that. 

This is a business, a cold, hard business, do not ever allow emotion to cloud that fact. 

PerturbedKitty said:
You guys who are saying that zelda u is going to be releasing on two platforms are lucky that school started this week and that I'm stuck in class right now.
To those saying that zelda u will stay exclusive: I'm sorry. I know, my people need me. I need to be here to fight in this battle but I just haven't had any time. I'm hoping to be here tonight and we will prove these people wrong and then make fun of them for being incorrect.

Fact is no one's opinion on this matter means shit. 

The decision will be made ultimately by Nintendo's sales department. 

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

Yet again like I told Pavolink, it got a different crowd, there is no conclusive evidence whether it did or did not.

Pure fact is TP on Wii huge success in every possible way. But you keep denying that.

Because it initially released on Wii yes, if it would have been the second release I don't think it would be the same story.

Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

No, Wii did not go after the usual Nintendo crowd and succeeded at it. There is no definitive proof one way or the other, only speculation.

So, all those TP Wii sales were because the different crowd.

No, it was because it was the first release. Now that it could be becoming a habit, that changes things a bit.

Let me ask you this. If you were a casual gamer that once in a while picked up a Nintendo console for Legend of Zelda but you know every game is going to be cross gen and pick up NX to get Zelda U, what would be the point of this person getting the console after NX. It will have the cross gen at the end of NX's life cycle, and you could just wait for the console that proceeds after the console after NX to get "Zelda NX". There would be no point.