By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

Unfortunately, hardcore Nintendo fans will not only forgive Nintendo anything, but also defend anything they do, which encourages the company's bad behaviour.

The people who defended Zelda being delayed to 2016 and showing a measly 13 seconds of uneventful footage of an area we'd already seen in the entire calendar year of 2015, case in point.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:

Bullshit. They promised in 2015 and delaying is "losing consumer confidence" in the same way it is a dual release. At least be more consistent in your arguments. There is no fairy world where one thing is good and the other is bad just because I dont like it. This is the real world where delaying was bad in the same way that releasing in other platform is.

I am being consistent, a duel release would drop consumer confidence in Nintendo hardware, Absolutely no variation in my story. A game delay does not.

Based on what?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

curl-6 said:

Unfortunately, hardcore Nintendo fans will not only forgive Nintendo anything, but also defend anything they do, which encourages the company's bad behaviour.

The people who defended Zelda being delayed to 2016 and showing a measly 13 seconds of uneventful footage of an area we'd already seen in the entire calendar year of 2015, case in point.

It's usually a wild swing of being mad to laughably crazy overconfidence. Remember this stuff when Wii U was unvieled:

Gauruntee some of the people swearing up and down that Nintendo better not abandon the Wii U will have their few days to pout about it, but then will see the NX, go crazy, and then straight into over confidence mode. 

Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

I am being consistent, a duel release would drop consumer confidence in Nintendo hardware, Absolutely no variation in my story. A game delay does not.

Based on what?

common sense.

bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:

Based on what?

common sense.

Common sense is to put on the NX. Not to waste the project on the Wii U because 10 people on a forum will be mad.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

People prefer to embarass themselves with baseless arguments than admit their company is doing wrong.

Pavolink said:
curl-6 said:

People prefer to embarass themselves with baseless arguments than admit their company is doing wrong.

Luckily for Ninty, most "hardcores" will "forgive" it if Zelda will be multiplatform, while most "casuals" and non hardcores in general won't have anything to forgive it for, they'll just be happy if Zelda will be on a console they own and they'll be happy too if other gamers owning other consoles will be able to play it. Only a very small minority will be pissed, even amongst hardcores: as few as they may be, they are at least in the order of magnitude of millions, while people that lose their sleep about exclusivity are just a few thousands very vocal forum dwellers, if they don't reach the tens thousands, they are less than 1%.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

curl-6 said:

What pisses me off about delays is that is a common thing to do now in the gaming world. Why not wait until they have confidence on giving a date? Companies could show some footage of the game to their fans, but it's not mandatory to invent a release date. I guess it's because people would lose their minds if they're not given a release date, but I think it's a most honest thing to do. 

bigtakilla said:
Conina said:

Yeah, I can tell you the reason: they can't announce the "NX version (name subject to change)" before they officially announce that platform!

They could have waited for the NX to be announced before revealing the project, There were reasons behind that too.

You realise that they announced Zelda U in January 2013!? And early announcement of NX game for NX would even more weaker Wii U sales in meantime. Again, business logic.

NoirSon said:
I don't think it is either, releasing a successor before the end of the year with little to no build besides maybe a big showing at E3 would be a disaster. If Nintendo is to recover not only the consumer confidence but that of other publishers, they have to make sure the system will have a strong line up and be capable of meeting developer expectations or gather their interest.

If Nintendo has just started showing off dev kits last year that is not enough time and they will fall into the same issues they had with the Wii U, older games because they made for fast ports and droughts as the teams try to iron out things in their games.

That's incredibly wrong. And dev kits distributed last year is standard dev kit time before launch.