By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

LOL, time goes by and we cannot agree on the most likely year for NX release yet. Will we finally agree when it will actually happen?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:

And people will be fine with this when they throw at us another PR. People will eat as well.

A gamble I hope Nintendo can afford.

They can. Did you see how people keep defending that the game was delayed and decided to not show anything? That is more risky than a dual release.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I don't think it will either, but 3DS most likely will be replaced.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Pavolink said:
NoirSon said:
I don't think it is either, releasing a successor before the end of the year with little to no build besides maybe a big showing at E3 would be a disaster. If Nintendo is to recover not only the consumer confidence but that of other publishers, they have to make sure the system will have a strong line up and be capable of meeting developer expectations or gather their interest.

If Nintendo has just started showing off dev kits last year that is not enough time and they will fall into the same issues they had with the Wii U, older games because they made for fast ports and droughts as the teams try to iron out things in their games.

How do you know third parties need more time with the devkits while ps4 devkits where given months before release and why do you believe that an older system of showing way before the release is going to gain back the consumer confidence.

I mean, pretty intrigued on why people believe that a closer announcement to the release is going to be bad for Nintendo.

Yeah PS4 did so well with games in the first two years, let alone in it's awesome first year, nar cluster of delays never happened either :P

Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

A gamble I hope Nintendo can afford.

They can. Did you see how people keep defending that the game was delayed and decided to not show anything? That is more risky than a dual release.

So saying they were trying to make a game better is the worse than Nintendo basicallly telling some people "hey, that Wii U you bought a year ago for Zelda, you didn't need to do that". 

... I don't follow.

Around the Network
Rab said:
Pavolink said:

How do you know third parties need more time with the devkits while ps4 devkits where given months before release and why do you believe that an older system of showing way before the release is going to gain back the consumer confidence.

I mean, pretty intrigued on why people believe that a closer announcement to the release is going to be bad for Nintendo.

Yeah PS4 did so well with games in the first two years, let alone in it's awesome first year :P

The thing is, that NX rumored kits were given around one year before release, perfect time for ports. Anyway, a new Nintendo machine is not going to launch with strong third party suppord, even if devkits were given since 2000.

bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:

So saying they were trying to make a game better is the worse than Nintendo basicallly telling some people "hey, that Wii U you bought a year ago for Zelda, you didn't need to do that". 

... I don't follow.

No. More like, do you remember the game we promised in 2015? Well, keep saving your Wii U because you wont be able to play this year. Oh, and dont expect us to show something because reasons.

Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

... I don't follow.

No. More like, do you remember the game we promised in 2015? Well, keep saving your Wii U because you wont be able to play this year. Oh, and dont expect us to show something because reasons.

Still, when they do show it, and they did improve it it will have been justified. 

bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:

Still, when they do show it, and they did improve it it will have been justified. 

Bullshit. They promised in 2015 and delaying is "losing consumer confidence" in the same way it is a dual release. At least be more consistent in your arguments. There is no fairy world where one thing is good and the other is bad just because I dont like it. This is the real world where delaying was bad in the same way that releasing in other platform is.

Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

Bullshit. They promised in 2015 and delaying is "losing consumer confidence" in the same way it is a dual release. At least be more consistent in your arguments. There is no fairy world where one thing is good and the other is bad just because I dont like it. This is the real world where delaying was bad in the same way that releasing in other platform is.

I am being consistent, a duel release would drop consumer confidence in Nintendo hardware, Absolutely no variation in my story. A game delay does not.