By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

Conina said:
bigtakilla said:

Few millions more? You are again over exaggerating with nothing that would support this statement.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=zelda&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

• 1998: Ocarina of Time = 7.60m (after gaining cult status as "best game ever" and the first 3D-Zeda
  • 2000: Majora's Mask = 3.36m (1 platform)
  • 2002: Wind Waker = 4.60m (1 platform)
  • 2006: Twilight Princess = 8.84m (2 platforms)
  • 2011: Skyward Sword = 4.05m (1 platform)

It seems to me that the 2 platform strategy of TP paid off, it helped to sell a few millions more than MM, WW or SS. I really doubt that it would have reached even 5 million on GameCube only.

Because reasons? Even WW got close to 5m, and that was a game with much worse reception. Certainly, sales were higher with the dual release but no one can say by how much.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

And its these exact business decisions and lack of caring for what the fans wanted that got them where they are now. It's time to stop pissing their fans off wouldn't you say?

Nintendo fans aren't a single collective sum of people who all want the same thing. The people who complain on the Internet are a very small minority.

Based on the vocal forum goers, u would think Metroid was one of the most popular series ever but it's super fucking niche. The series averages 1-2 million per game, that's worse than Mario Party, a series that is often hated on.

Games like Tomodachi Life and Happy Home Designer were talked about on forums as if they were going to bomb yet they are multimillion selling games, games like Bayonetta 2 & Xenoblade X were talked as game of the year material yet both are very niche.

This kinda shows that the vocal forum goers are not the typical Nintendo audience.

Not a million seller =/= niche. Those are all big franchises.

bigtakilla said:
RolStoppable said:

bigtakilla said:

And its these exact business decisions and lack of caring for what the fans wanted that got them where they are now. It's time to stop pissing their fans off wouldn't you say?

You are right about the last part and that's why Zelda has to be available for NX as well. Nintendo shouldn't piss off their fans by trying to force them to buy a Wii U.

They don't have to buy a wii u to enjoy LoZ. There are plenty of other consoles that have LoZ, and the NX will have one too. They only have to get a Wii U to play Zelda U.

Nope, backwards compatibility exists to avoid that.

gabzjmm23 said:

I'm fine with a unified system as a concept. but not having an option to have normal controllers like a traditional console and with the rumoured leaks of the NX gamepad? there would be people who wouldn't buy-in.

That's always what has made Nintendo who they are, even the traditional gaming you know today is made up of several gimmicks utilized by them with the D-pad then ability to save games then the analogue stick then rumble then touch screens through the DS. Gamepad functions as a traditional controller just fine.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
bigtakilla said:

Some people believed there was no other titles releasing for Wii U to be announced this year. Seems they were wrong.

Now that the rumors are showing that the NX is a two part device the DS is going to be replaced this year and the console will follow suit next year. The console is finished, but I dont think they want the handheld to cannibalize the sales of the console.

There's no such thing as a two part device and no rumor point to that. rumors need a minimum of evidence, so baseless speculation =/= rumor.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

Keep reading, shit gets put in perspective a little later.

We've been in this train since the delay announcement. There's no loss for Nintendo on releasing on both platforms.

Yes, there is. Money spent making a redundant port that won't sell extra copies.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

I don't exaggerating at all, Zelda U is coming basically at end of Wii U life and when next platform is arriving, that means very short life of game on WIi U, on Wii U could sell around 3m, but on NX could sell at least same number, because like NX launch will have huge effect and game itself would sell hole NX life span, while Wii U will basicly be dead after NX and Zelda U launch.

Also you have TP Zelda sale numbers, and where Wii TP sale numbers are far more higher than GC sales numbers, even Wii TP having higher attach rate than GC.

Also you alredy having Tp

There are a lot of determining factors which we can bet avatar control over when the time comes.

This are all pure facts:

-Zelda U is biggest and most expensive project. Fact.

-Zelda U on NX like launch title will have much better sales and life than staying Wii U exclusive.

-Zelda U could killer app for NX launch that will help NX. Fact.

-Nintendo already done something similar with TP. Fact.

-Like reason against you can only say every Nintendo console has exclusive Zelda (but that's not entirely true, OoT and MM were ported on GC, and WW and TP on Wii U), but that isnt problem at all and doesn't change anything, because its way more important than Wii U owners have new Zelda game than that be exclusive. Fact.

What do real thing Nintendo will do with Zelda U!? It's very obvious what they will choose, that will be very logical and business sense decision.

Zelda U on NX like launch title will have much better sales and life than staying Wii U exclusive.

Nintendo already done something similar with TP. Fact.

WRONG.

It would barely sell better as a redundant dual release. TP is not the same situation, it happened because of specific reasons that aren't repeating themselves now.

gabzjmm23 said:
Thunderbird77 said:

What's the point of making "ifs" with 0% chance of happening? It's like saying "if the next iphone gives people cancer, people have no reason to buy it."

there is a chance NX can be a minimal upgrade of the Wii U and with the patent gamepad that is a slim version of WiiU's gamepad.  it would put those WiiU owners in a situation of 'not again'.

most from the people i know just wanted a traditional console but knowing nintendo it won't happen.

If it's a wii u successor, no there isn't any chance of that happening. what patent of slim gamepad are you talking about?

Wii U is a traditional console already. All their consoles except the wii are traditional consoles.

Thunderbird77 said:
gabzjmm23 said:

there is a chance NX can be a minimal upgrade of the Wii U and with the patent gamepad that is a slim version of WiiU's gamepad.  it would put those WiiU owners in a situation of 'not again'.

most from the people i know just wanted a traditional console but knowing nintendo it won't happen.

If it's a wii u successor, no there isn't any chance of that happening. what patent of slim gamepad are you talking about?

Wii U is a traditional console already. All their consoles except the wii are traditional consoles.

the scroll shoulder buttons and/or the touch screen patent one.  their consoles are inclined more into some gimmick/innovation in a sense, than their what they had.  Like Wii U on a Pro controller would be in a better price range and a better overall console to sell than with the gamepad.  

i know it would be hard to just copy what the twins are, and Nintendo wanted to differentiate themselves, but the 3rd party doesn't know how those gimmicks would work, and it would be hard for 3rd parties to accommodate a inferior and way different console than the twins.  

Thunderbird77 said:
Conina said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=zelda&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

• 1998: Ocarina of Time = 7.60m (after gaining cult status as "best game ever" and the first 3D-Zeda
  • 2000: Majora's Mask = 3.36m (1 platform)
  • 2002: Wind Waker = 4.60m (1 platform)
  • 2006: Twilight Princess = 8.84m (2 platforms)
  • 2011: Skyward Sword = 4.05m (1 platform)

It seems to me that the 2 platform strategy of TP paid off, it helped to sell a few millions more than MM, WW or SS. I really doubt that it would have reached even 5 million on GameCube only.

Because reasons? Even WW got close to 5m, and that was a game with much worse reception. Certainly, sales were higher with the dual release but no one can say by how much.

Just my opinion. But I made a poll, feel free to join: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=212802