By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

reggin_bolas said:
NX will release this year or Nintendo will go out of business. Pretty simple stuff really.

I think NX releases this year but that's quite the exaggeration.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
reggin_bolas said:
NX will release this year or Nintendo will go out of business. Pretty simple stuff really.

I think NX releases this year but that's quite the exaggeration.

^This. They are expanding their brand exponentially. Hardly the sign of a company going out of business.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Why is so important to have exclusive Zelda game, its way more important to have new Zelda game but doesn't need to be exclusive.

You will be very surprised if you think Nintendo will miss big chance (big chances for much higher sales of game and chances for killer launch title for NX) here and want port Zelda U for NX at all.

The same reason people feel its so important that the game gets a duel release. It really isn't all that important. I also think "big chance" is a bit exaggerated.

With dual release game will certainly sell few millions more than on Wii U alone, and definitely will effect on NX launch. Basically two things from Nintendo will profit in big way, it clear business sense, and basically dont have one negative thing doing that, also we already saw something similar with TP.

Conina said:
Thunderbird77 said:

If Zelda U were an NX game, but it's not.

How can we know that? Target platforms can change within development.

Halo was planned as Mac game, Eternal Darkness was planned as N64 game, Shenmue was planned as Saturn game, Kameo was planned as GameCube game, Until Dawn was planned as PS3 game... things can change within development.

Even if the new Zelda game is released on Wii U additional to the NX-version doesn't mean that the focus was always on the WiiU version.

I'm not talking about target platforms. It's a wii u game.

Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

If Zelda U were an NX game, but it's not.

If it's released on NX too practically will be NX game too, especially if it's released in same time on NX and Wii U. Fact that is port will not change anything, people dont consider TP like GC game only, on contrary most people consider TP like Wii game because huge majority of people played game on Wii and game had much longer life on Wii, GC version was practically dead right after launch.

It's a game made from the ground to Wii U. It will always be a wii u game.

Around the Network

From a business perspective, it makes zero sense to keep the new Zelda Wii U exclusive. Just my thought on this one.

[] [] [] {} [] 

Probably release on both, game held back so both can be released at the same time in my opinion. Happiness all round for Wii U owners and whatever NX is.

Rain2 said:
From a business perspective, it makes zero sense to keep the new Zelda Wii U exclusive. Just my thought on this one.

This is fairly obvious if you remove emotion from the equation. The game will easily sell an extra 1.5-2 million copies that it wouldn't otherwise minimum as a NX launch title due to all the extra excitement that comes from being in a launch window and being the "go to" launch game. 

It also gifts Nintendo basically a "free" killer app for their NX launch window, which means the other game(s) they wanted to have in the launch window don't neccessarily have to be in launch. IE: No need to rush a Mario NX, because you have Zelda for launch, so now Mario NX can comfortably arrive in that post launch window. 

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

If it's released on NX too practically will be NX game too, especially if it's released in same time on NX and Wii U. Fact that is port will not change anything, people dont consider TP like GC game only, on contrary most people consider TP like Wii game because huge majority of people played game on Wii and game had much longer life on Wii, GC version was practically dead right after launch.

It's a game made from the ground to Wii U. It will always be a wii u game.

Like already wrote to you few times, just technically.  For intance most people consider TP like Wii game because huge majority of people played that game on Wii and game had much longer life on Wii, GC version was practically dead right after TP launched while Wii life just started.

Soundwave said:
Rain2 said:

This is fairly obvious if you remove emotion from the equation. The game will easily sell an extra 1.5-2 million copies that it wouldn't otherwise minimum as a NX launch title due to all the extra excitement that comes from being in a launch window and being the "go to" launch game. 

It also gifts Nintendo basically a "free" killer app for their NX launch window, which means the other game(s) they wanted to have in the launch window don't neccessarily have to be in launch. IE: No need to rush a Mario NX, because you have Zelda for launch, so now Mario NX can comfortably arrive in that post launch window. 

Also, think about double dippers, I know many people who would get it both on Wii U and on NX if it released a couple days/months on Wii U first...