By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is looking quite...GORGEOUS!!!. IGA said, "shut yo mouth" and gives us updated look. If you complained in this thread you dont deserve this game!

spemanig said:
Cloudman said:

Wait, so the game was supposed to look like that...? o_O

3d art? Yes lol.

Yeah, I didn't read everything on the campaign, so I likely missed that part. Though after seeing what happened with Mighty Number 9, I am a little skeptical of bloodstained looking like the concept art. If somehow it does end up looking like that, I'll be plenty happy, but I think I'll set up expectations a lil low, haha...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Yeah, I didn't read everything on the campaign, so I likely missed that part. Though after seeing what happened with Mighty Number 9, I am a little skeptical of bloodstained looking like the concept art. If somehow it does end up looking like that, I'll be plenty happy, but I think I'll set up expectations a lil low, haha...

They made that clear too lol the art was only meant to be an indicator of the direction they wanted to go style-wise. They were always pretty adament about making it clear that the game wouldn't look like the concept art, but that the 3D models would do their best to replicate the feel of 2D sprite work, which I think it does.

It also should be made clear that most of the images posted in this thread are outdated. Only the last one with the more cel-shaded lol is accurate. The game only look like anything else, so posting pics of those as an accurate representation of the game is disengenuous.

Darwinianevolution said:
I sense a lot of people aresomewhat dissapointed with MN9. What happened? I was going to pick up the 3DS version, has something happened to the game?

Game looks nothing like it was originally advertised. It's some 3D art which is not as appealing as the original concept art.

Wright said:
Darwinianevolution said:
I sense a lot of people aresomewhat dissapointed with MN9. What happened? I was going to pick up the 3DS version, has something happened to the game?

Game looks nothing like it was originally advertised. It's some 3D art which is not as appealing as the original concept art.

Oh, so it's just the artstyle? Is the gameplay allright?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

I guess. Haven't seen any preview of it, though.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I guess. Haven't seen any preview of it, though.

That's a relief, thanks.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I like the character model so far but the backgrounds don't look so great. It's still in a pretty early stage of development so I'm not too worried yet but hopefully in the coming updates we'll see some backgrounds with a little more flare.

Ruler said:
Boberkun said:

XenoX models looks better. Environment too:

It kinda obvious.

not really and you know it. Both character models look the same. XCX world is bigger but who would have gussed it? it has a higher budget and is supposed to be an open world game, above 20 million dollars at least. 

There is no way XCX has 20 million dollar budget. It's niche title. 

spemanig said:
QUAKECore89 said:

It's a low budget game, but i think looks cool, at least should have been hand-drawn graphics instead of third dimension polygons.

Sprite work is exponencially more expensive than 3D models in games like these. There was no way we were getting something like these.

So that's the reason they just dropped the concept art...

QUAKECore89 said:

So that's the reason they just dropped the concept art...

They didn't drop anything. The models are incredebly faithful to the concept art. Like suprisingly so.