By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - TPHD: Wolf link amiibo unlocks brand new dungeon "Twilight cave".

Volterra_90 said:
Faelco said:
On-disc DLC are a theft and should be banned!....

Oh, it's Nintendo, so it's OK. EA or Ubisoft would be killed for the same thing, but Nintendo is always liked even with moves like that (Awakening DLCs, worst thing I've ever seen, but nobody cares....).

I just can't understand how it works.

I think almost everyone is criticising that move. It it's a dickish move, it doesn't depend on the company. 

Here, maybe. Not on GAF or other forums. Some people are almost insulted by some Nintendo fans, because they criticize the move even if they don't have a Wii U and should mind their own business. I've read things like "We have the DLC and the Amiibo for the DLC price, so we even have the Amiibo for free!"...

I'm pretty sure Nintendo will be OK if they do this and the game (and Amiibo) will sell fine.

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
I don't like it. Make the content available without a stupid amiibo. If it's a dungeon, make it available. I'm not buying an amiibo for 12 on top of the 50. I'll pass on the whole thing if it's that way.

I don't want to buy it either, but physical version of game will include the amiibo, so is not a big deal, for me anyway

Click HERE and be happy 

Faelco said:
Volterra_90 said:

I think almost everyone is criticising that move. It it's a dickish move, it doesn't depend on the company. 

Here, maybe. Not on GAF or other forums. Some people are almost insulted by some Nintendo fans, because they criticize the move even if they don't have a Wii U and should mind their own business. I've read things like "We have the DLC and the Amiibo for the DLC price, so we even have the Amiibo for free!"...

I'm pretty sure Nintendo will be OK if they do this and the game (and Amiibo) will sell fine.

Lol, that's stupid. A new dungeon is not worth 12 bucks for a start. Nintendo is very hit and miss with DLCs. We had the MK8 and HW DLCS, which were great for their prize, and then, we have things like this "lock dungeon with Amiibo" and the FE:A DLCs which were rather expensive. I hope they decide soon which strategy are the planning to follow with DLCs on the future, and it's a fact that if people don't support this, we'll have awesome deals; if people support this, I guess Amiibo-locked dungeons would be the usual thing. In the end, the consumers decide which policy they want to support... Even if that policy is awful. 

I always thought the best use for amiibos in non-amiibo focused games would be to bypass extensive/tedious/difficult tasks to unlock content. Like, for Twilight Cave, maybe you have to do a tedious side-quest of gathering 'x' amount of various items to acquire an item used to open up the dungeon but with the Wolf Link amiibo, you receive the item without having to do the tedious collecting quest.

Day one DLC.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:

I always thought the best use for amiibos in non-amiibo focused games would be to bypass extensive/tedious/difficult tasks to unlock content. Like, for Twilight Cave, maybe you have to do a tedious side-quest of gathering 'x' amount of various items to acquire an item used to open up the dungeon but with the Wolf Link amiibo, you receive the item without having to do the tedious collecting quest.

This!

SJReiter said:
I give up. I seriously don't understand what people want from Amiibo anymore.

People complain that they want Amiibo to have meaningful functionality with games, and complain when all they do is unlock skins/costumes or give random collectibles à la Hyrule Warriors. But then they also complain when Amiibo actually do unlock meaningful content because it's "behind a paywall." I don't understand.

you really dont understand whats going on here? 

nearly 100% of the games released on the x1 and ps4 have content that is locked away, and the only way you can use it is to give them more money. well, since there is so much complaining on the internet about how these developers release 80% of a game at full price and try to sell you the rest of the pieces later, supporters of these games are retaliating by trying to make it seem like nintendo is doing the same thing. it doesnt matter if the amiibo (even if you want to say this is "DLC," it is DLC that is physical and valued by the market. meaning you can resell it. ever heard of resellable DLC?) is given to you at no extra cost inside the package itself, they still see it as a golden opportunity to strike in order to make nintendo seem like they are just as low as activision, ea, etc.

its actually pretty clear that this is what is going on. its not that they are actually upset, or that this is a bad deal. their intentions are to convince us that nintendo plays in the mud just like everybody else.

Cloudman said:
noname2200 said:

To prevent resales, most likely.

Hmm, do you mean in a sense of fighting used sales....? I'm not sure I follow..

That's my guess, assuming it isn't just cashing in on amiibomania.

noname2200 said:
Cloudman said:

Hmm, do you mean in a sense of fighting used sales....? I'm not sure I follow..

That's my guess, assuming it isn't just cashing in on amiibomania.

Yeah, it sounds like a way to combat that, but it is terrible and unnacceptable... : /

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

PerturbedKitty said:
SJReiter said:
I give up. I seriously don't understand what people want from Amiibo anymore.

People complain that they want Amiibo to have meaningful functionality with games, and complain when all they do is unlock skins/costumes or give random collectibles à la Hyrule Warriors. But then they also complain when Amiibo actually do unlock meaningful content because it's "behind a paywall." I don't understand.

you really dont understand whats going on here? 

nearly 100% of the games released on the x1 and ps4 have content that is locked away, and the only way you can use it is to give them more money. well, since there is so much complaining on the internet about how these developers release 80% of a game at full price and try to sell you the rest of the pieces later, supporters of these games are retaliating by trying to make it seem like nintendo is doing the same thing. it doesnt matter if the amiibo (even if you want to say this is "DLC," it is DLC that is physical and valued by the market. meaning you can resell it. ever heard of resellable DLC?) is given to you at no extra cost inside the package itself, they still see it as a golden opportunity to strike in order to make nintendo seem like they are just as low as activision, ea, etc.

its actually pretty clear that this is what is going on. its not that they are actually upset, or that this is a bad deal. their intentions are to convince us that nintendo plays in the mud just like everybody else.

I think you nailed it.

My first reaction to this news was "wow! A brand new dungeon? That's awesome!" 

Can't believe the reactions I'm seeing in this thread.