By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tantalus and Nintendo's relationship moving forwards

Third party studio Tantalus has done a lot of porting work for Nintendo this generation, bringing Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution, and Twilight Princess HD to Wii U.

Looking ahead to NX, many theorize that, much like Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo will "remaster" a lot of its Wii U titles for NX, in order to cheaply bolster their library and reach a larger audience than they were able to on Wii U.

Given that Tantalus are by now quite familiar with both Wii U and dealing with Nintendo, they could be a prime candidate for such "remasters", thus taking some of the load off Nintendo's internal teams.

Could Tantalus, as gaming journalist Emily Rogers recently suggested, become to Nintendo what Bluepoint, (Uncharted Collection and Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4, God of War Collection, Shadow of the Colossus HD, and Ico HD on PS3) is for Sony? After all, getting to work on a Zelda title is certainly not something that any old developer gets to do, and suggests that Nintendo and Tantalus already have a close-knit relationship.

Around the Network

Nintendo isn't going to remaster Wii U titles to bolster the library of its next console. Lol. There are a group of people actually saying this stuff?

Yeah, to go from porting a third party title like Mass Effect, to one of Nintendo's biggest first party series shows that their relation has gotten strong.

No doubt that Tantalus will be a good partner for Nintendo when the NX comes.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I could see Nintendo using them to help remaster and port over titles like DKC: Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3.

bet: lost

Indeed, they are probably getting closer and I can see they working a lot on remasters and minor/mid sized games on the NX. I mean, Nintendo needs all the help it can get to pull out more games next gen.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Would be nice if that is the case... though I hope we don't get too many remasters of recent games for the next system..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I can't understand why people think nintendo will "remaster" Wii U games for it's successor. Not gonna happen.

No remasters. BC.

Tantalus is very far away from becoming the Bluepoint games for Nintendo ...

The only games so far that they are remastering for Nintendo is Twilight Princess. It is Straight Right who ported over ME3 and DE: HR DC to the WII U, not Tantalus media ... (People need to start getting this right.)

Tantalus and Straight Right are the same company, just different labels ;)