By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Genei ibunroku #FE review

I found this english review of the game on youtube. It's very in-depth.

I was on the fence, but i actually liked what i heard for the most part. Hopefully Nintendo improves the loading times for the western release. The game is a complete persona minus the social life management aspect. Wich means this is almost like having two Persona games in the same year. Aren't we privileged? :P

Anyways here it is. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKMXJCjGApc

The review is spoiler free! Not to worry.

Around the Network

Tagging, is this review spoiler free? Don't want to be spoiled with anything other than trailers.. :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

RolStoppable said:
Persona minus crap could potentially be a half-decent RPG. I am not holding my breath though.

Take out the glorified dating sim and you're left with a mediocre dungeon crawler. Even the series' fans don't generally speak highly of the non-character stuff.

RolStoppable said:

Have at least the decency to let me have some hope that this game isn't a complete bust.

Did you like Radiant Historia? It's got the same director.

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:
Persona minus crap could potentially be a half-decent RPG. I am not holding my breath though.

Take out the glorified dating sim and you're left with a mediocre dungeon crawler. Even the series' fans don't generally speak highly of the non-character stuff.

Hmmmm I dont really agree with that.Taking out the randomly generated dungeon, which is not that much ofa hustle in Persona 4, and everything else is really good.I personally find the battle system extremely good.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

Well, the logical question would be if this game has randomly generated dungeons. If not, that's another plus point.

Have at least the decency to let me have some hope that this game isn't a complete bust.

I dont think this has randomly generated dungeons.Its all tighly designed i think.Almost sure of it, but I might be wrong

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Platina said:
Tagging, is this review spoiler free? Don't want to be spoiled with anything other than trailers.. :/

It's spoiler free, bar the beggining of the game wich we already know about.

I'm really digging those animations, pretty over the top and stylish. Kind of a shame that it sounds like the MC has the personality of a two-by-four but it won't be a deal breaker for me.

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:

Theres some confusion here. This game has alot of character development and theres extra quests that develop the characters and earn them new skills, just like in persona. It just doesnt have the time management aspect. You have complete freedom over when you tackle them.

twintail said:

Nem said: 

The game is a complete persona minus the social life management aspect. 

So basically not only is is not the game that was originally announced to be, but an even lesser one of the series it instead attempts to be?

I can feel the Persona hate. xD

In all seriousness, this game has driven pretty far from the expectations set in the unveil trailer. It many very well explain the bad sales. But beyond that, there appears to be a decent game.