By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - what game(s) or features made you buy a Wii u and what year? just curious

What year did you get a Wii u

2012 20 29.41%

2013 24 35.29%

2014 15 22.06%

2015 7 10.29%

2016 2 2.94%

Total:68

Like the thread asks i was just wondering ? Was it a certain game or app? Was it just the knowledge or promise, of quality games to come. or do you simply buy all nintendo products?

For me it was for Zombiu. I got so hyped watching gameplay vids on youtube that i had to have it  Plus i wanted black flag and ghosts and i was bored off my xbox and ps3

Around the Network

Ps i got mine in december 2013 :)

The announcement of the SMT X FE crossover. And I am still extremely happy I got my Wii U for that.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate also really made me want it as well as seeing Xenoblade vaguely I was like "okay I want it" and so my mom got it for me Xmas 2013, (the WindWaker edition ;D)

And now I have 26 retail games that I love and play all the time.

So really what made me want the Wii U was SMT X FE, Xenoblade X and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Hoping for a Zelda, 3D Mario, Metroid, Paper Mario games.
I know...so naive, so young...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I got mine in mid 2013, Lego City was the first game I bought and played. The announce of Mario 3d World was also a big reason I decided to get one then.

Around the Network

Basically the same reason my favourite YouTuber played it and I went out the next day and bought My Wii U back in 2012 (like a week after it came out)

I got it in late 2014 because of Smash and Mario Kart.

Smash made me buy a Wii U on 2014.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ohhh one person so far got one in 2016 well done that man! Cheers for the replis guys. Seems smash is doing well in reasons to get one

Sept 2013, the Wind Waker HD bundle pushed me over the edge with the special triforce gamepad controller.

run away!