By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will sell 55,000,000 by Dec 31. 2016

idc219 said:
the way Sony reports numbers reports numbers I don't know what to believe. I believe this is just pr speak before NPD because they know they lost Novemeber

Lol crapgamerreviews said this almost word for word on twitter.  And I'll give you the same reply I'd give him.  

Absolute not.  50m is a historic number especially after just 3 years.  Whether Sony win or lose NPD they were going to announce this.  

Your logic suggests winning NPD is more important than winning the world.  

Looks like Globally in the US meme lives on! 

Around the Network

Sure it will. With cheaper slim Version, PS4 Pro, holiday deals and some big games arriving it definitily has a shot at 5 million units in December alone. And I will add some steam to this prediction, because I want to, one million units in Japan in December. 2.5 million in Europe and 1.5 in North America.

idc219 said:
the way Sony reports numbers reports numbers I don't know what to believe. I believe this is just pr speak before NPD because they know they lost Novemeber

yeah, who cares about hitting 50M consoles sold in 3yrs with the biggest month of the year still yet to go when we can win a month in one territory instead. 

it's thinking like that that has cost MS this generation. 

but what would you say if we find out that not only did Sony hit this 50M, but also somehow (without a 4k movie player no less) won November?

OT: where is a shadow thread when you need it? what does all these numbers mean???! How is it compared to the PS2 now and Wii? Shadow where are you?

55,8 million units is my = )

idc219 said:

But Sony won November's NPD...

Around the Network

If this actually comes to be..... crazy good prediction a year in advanced.

I'll go ahead an predict now PS4 will have sold 80 million total consoles by the end of 2017.

NobleTeam360 said:
I'll go ahead an predict now PS4 will have sold 80 million total consoles by the end of 2017.

I honestly think thats too high.

Maybe 21-22m sold world wide next year?

And I could see PS4 doing 54m-55m, this year.

Its gonna fall short of 80m... unless PS4 has a INSANE 2017.

Seems very possible

I bet in about 53 million sold to customers.