By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did the Little Big Planet series die?....

RolStoppable said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
RolStoppable said:

Because it makes perfect sense.

A blog really?

Why not? Quite a few blogs got posted on VGC.

I don't and you should too.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:
Why do people compare LBP to Mario? =__=

The best user-created levels in LBP aren't platformer levels. In LBP, you can make RPGs, twin-stick shooters, sidescrolling shooters etc.

Because it makes perfect sense.

Ah, I see. Well, I read it on the internet, so it must be true then.

LBP is a game that should get one release each generation. Too many releases hurt it.

I love LittleBigPlanet but my big complaints with the game are:
-The mechanics/feel just aren't very good compared to many other platformers. The jumping and overall movement has always felt very soft and not tight like a good platformer.
-The "campaign" in the games is too short. I always feel like there should have been a little more.
-The games are a little too similar to one another.
-The editor is fairly complex. It would have been nice if they had added keyboard/mouse support.

homer said:

It's novelty wore off once people realized that nobody made any levels that were actually fun to play. Also, the actual mechanics of the game were terrible. Horribly slow for a platformer. I'm pretty sure I have played atari games with a knock off joystick that felt smoother than LBP. I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

Edit: Also, the art style. The sackboy looks awesome, but the environments look terrible, the collectibles looked aweful and weren't fun to collect, and nobody wants the damn stickers. I better leave before I say something I regret. I just really hate LBP.

While I don't hate LBP, I definitely agree with you on the mechanics. As a level creator is was really good. A bit too complex most probably, but it had great potential. However, as a platformer it simply sucked. 

Mario has survived for so long because from the very first game the mechanics were great, are they are still great.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Around the Network
naruball said:
Nem said:

Not at all like tearaway. Like Mario, like Sonic, like Crash bandicoot, like Spyro.

Notice what they have in common? Mascots from the ps1/n64 era or even further back. Any more recent examples?

Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank. Unfortunely both resorted to weapons except for the first Jak and Daxter.

Because it sucks a lot!!! The gameplay is horrible! This game is unplayable! And sackboy is really dumb and dull!!

Bugs are what killed the last installment for me

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Not a lot of personality. Sackboy was kinda goofy at first but it became boring.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Nem said:
naruball said:
Nem said:

Not at all like tearaway. Like Mario, like Sonic, like Crash bandicoot, like Spyro.

Notice what they have in common? Mascots from the ps1/n64 era or even further back. Any more recent examples?

Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank. Unfortunely both resorted to weapons except for the first Jak and Daxter.

Didn't most of them sell around 1m? How where they more popular than LBP especially since they're not very relevant today? Jak and Daxter didn't even make the ps3 era and Ratchet and Clank sold around 1m. Plus, like you said, they both used weapons.

Cute platform games are dead, unless they feauture a NInty chracter that Ninty fans will buy anyway.