By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did the Little Big Planet series die?....

They didn't fix what was broken, ie loading times and finding levels.
They broke what was working, the campaign levels. I could not get through the campaign in LBP3 with my kids because of the annoying hub design. Impossible with everyone going in different directions.

Mario maker fixed a few things to the formula, load times and easy level design.
Yet it's still too hard to find good levels and the x Mario challenge is the worst game design.

I don't know why it's so hard for these games to find the levels you like. Amazon and Netflix know what books and movies I like, why can't these games use the same correlation metrics.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
BraLoD said:

Dreams is aimed to be a 3D level creator, the freedom that things seems to give the player to create basically anything is insane, go watch some stuff from it.
It can be pretty much anything you want and can afford to make, 3D platforming included. But I don't know about the single player campaign.

I have seen footage from it and I had that same impression of the game being those things you listed. But it seemed to me like Dreams is a facilitor for people to create stuff, rather than a game with a single player a la LBP with an ambitious level creator as companion.

It is, but so was LBP, frankly.  They wanted to do more with LBP's engine, but realized they needed more horsepower.  Remember, since LBP2, all MM's done is Tearaway and the Remaster.  And Tearaway didn't take all of MM, I don't believe.  They've been working on Dreams for quite some time.  Like LBP I do think there will be a game that comes with the tools.  This will really allow you to create pretty much anything though.

Little big planet was a quirky, original title. It's interesting the first time, the second expanded it, but from there on its the same and has to start living on its own merits, and its where it stumbles.
I could also argue that it doesnt have the preciseveness of mario gameplay (its too floaty) and doesnt have the same visual appeal (very brown and dark pallete). The puppetshow art style isn't very appealing to the masses. You need to give them colorful envyronments and characters with immediatly fun acessable gameplay.

LBP 3 felt lifeless to me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

One of the best games last gen but it failed to make a big advancement, I think they have to go 3D to wow people again.

Around the Network

Level creation is the key of Littlebigplanet success,there's not enough major new functionality in level creator on LBP2 and 3 to justify buying them.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Well, Mario Maker may be a level creator, but it made you say "WOW!". For LBP3, a lot of people looked at the level creator, but not with such amazement.

It's not like the franchise sucks. It's pretty fun. I just guess it wasn't as memorable as a plumber who manages to be a superhero

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

The games were lame

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I guess LBP3 had trouble expanding upon the sequel hoenstly.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

LBP3 is not made by media molecule they do dreams now. At some point Sony will always decide to make a new IP with a studio, thats how they always have been. Sales and critics didnt matter at all