By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Oculus Rift.. $599 US - Ships in March.. UDPATE: Now MAY

For a peripheral, lol. Can you hear the splashing of all the devs jumping ship?

Around the Network

That price is almost like budget PC.

bigtakilla said:
For a peripheral, lol. Can you hear the splashing of all the devs jumping ship?

Dont forget the "Oculus Touch" controllers you ll need as well... those will atleast be 99-149$ ontop of that 599$ price.

Also where are the games for it?

ThatDanishGamer said:
It's expensive but it still sounds like they are selling it at a loss.

I doubt that. They are a bussiness, they arnt doing this outta the goodness of their hearts.

Sony can sell theirs at a loss, becuase the software cuts they get from selling games, will offset things abit.

This sounds like Oculus decided to not price their VR with tiny margins.

They probably arnt counting on selling that many of them, and want decent profits from the start.

"Five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars"
xD

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
JRPGfan said:
This is like them giveing up before hand.
PS VR is going to take up like 80% of the VR market.

At a 599$ price point this will never become a huge success story for them.
Oculus Rift lose the early adoption rate race.

Sorry.. But console users don't spend huge ammounts on EXPENSIVE peripherals like PC users do..   Console users complain about $79 controllers..    PC  gamers buy $200 keyboards..   and $200 mice..  and $400-$500 GPUs..     I just don't see a large amount of console owners shelling out $300+ on PS VR..      So I dont think dont think Sony willg et 80% of the market.. Oculus will likely be the leader in 2016....    especially if the PS VR is $399 or more.. 

A 150 dollar xbox controller is sold out, achived great sales.  A nearly useless camera add of for PS4 sold millions.   Kinekt sold 25 million on 360.  

There is a history of seling expensive accesories on consoles, they just you know have to actually be good.  

Waaaay too pricy! Hopefully Sony manages to make their VR more affordable or else VR is gonna tank.

Signature goes here!

The price is too high, but it also includes a bunch of stuff I don't want:
-Game(s)
-XB1 controller
-Remote control

I'd prefer that they take these out and sell just the headset for $400. I imagine they'll be doing that by the end of this year as competitive headsets hit the market.

Been on some PC forums and they don't care about the price. They cant wait to get a Rift.

Rumor is that these things are selling out fast.

PC Master Race

Ttech. said:
cpg716 said:
JRPGfan said:
This is like them giveing up before hand.
PS VR is going to take up like 80% of the VR market.

At a 599$ price point this will never become a huge success story for them.
Oculus Rift lose the early adoption rate race.

Sorry.. But console users don't spend huge ammounts on EXPENSIVE peripherals like PC users do..   Console users complain about $79 controllers..    PC  gamers buy $200 keyboards..   and $200 mice..  and $400-$500 GPUs..     I just don't see a large amount of console owners shelling out $300+ on PS VR..      So I dont think dont think Sony willg et 80% of the market.. Oculus will likely be the leader in 2016....    especially if the PS VR is $399 or more.. 

A 150 dollar xbox controller is sold out, achived great sales.  A nearly useless camera add of for PS4 sold millions.   Kinekt sold 25 million on 360.  

There is a history of seling expensive accesories on consoles, they just you know have to actually be good.  

And look how well devs are supporting those.