By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue 3: No kickstarter rewards for PayPal backers

That was one of the dumbest decisions i ever saw.

Of course, those that would be atracted to contributing if they had rewards didnt come in to vote. But now, neither will their money.

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
I womder what the people voting "no" would benefit from this.

Do they feel like that since they donated through Kickstarter, they are more privaleged than those whose donated through PayPal?

I don't get it...

Reminds me of Republicans not wanting abortions to be allowed.

I mean, what do you get out of being against it? Seriously. Just because you do something in one way, doesn't mean everyone else must do it exactly like you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Ultrashroomz said:
I womder what the people voting "no" would benefit from this.

Do they feel like that since they donated through Kickstarter, they are more privaleged than those whose donated through PayPal?

I don't get it...

I don't get it either. What went through the dev team's head, or whoever runs the kickstarter campaign, when making this decision? "This people gave us money, but not through the same means as others. They should be punished..."

Sure, not a huge punishment... but why!?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

You can't just look at the percentage and say they made the wrong decision.

The 25% that said no could be the ones who are funding 50% of the project.

IMHO they should have not bothered with a poll and let it be instead of start more dramas.

This is just messed up. Why would you let them vote on something like this?

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Around the Network

@OP Title is wrong its about exclusive rewards you still will get the physical or digital copy, but with higher PayPal rewards i am not sure what they are planing to replace which item with what.

This is pretty dumb decession by the guys who run the kickstarter and the Shenmue community who even brought it up to them and voted with no. Yeah like we need more controversy sorounding the kickstarter.

The Shenmue community is very narcistic and elite, those exclusive collectors items mean a lot more to them over getting more money and trust to fund the game. What a retarded community thats all there is

Rookie move by the Shenmue team... Never put things to a vote.

Looks like they just wanted an excuse not to extend rewards though, given they caved to the group with the least votes.

While this is mostly unrelated to the current topic, I'll be rather surprised if this game doesn't prove to be a letdown. I just hope it's enough to please the fans who've had their nostalgia goggles equipped and ready to go for over a decade now.

deskpro2k3 said:
shikamaru317 said:
Wow, that's so petty of the people who voted No. "We want the rewards all to ourselves, nevermind the fact that it'll decrease funding for the game in the long run since nobody is going to back the game via Paypal when they get nothing in return for doing it."

Paypal still get rewards, just not the kickstater ones.

ex: Kickstarter: A physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exlusive, backer-only case.

Paypal: A physical copy of Shenmue 3 for PS4 in an exlusive case.

The fact that Sony, Sega or someone else didn't just publish this game and then distribute the game physically world wide is mind blowing to me. There's no way I'm going to pay 60 dollars for a game that may or may not work out and even if it does, there's no way I'm going to pay that for a digital only game. 

Should have been published.

Johnw1104 said:
Rookie move by the Shenmue team... Never put things to a vote.

Looks like they just wanted an excuse not to extend rewards though, given they caved to the group with the least votes.

While this is mostly unrelated to the current topic, I'll be rather surprised if this game doesn't prove to be a letdown. I just hope it's enough to please the fans who've had their nostalgia goggles equipped and ready to go for over a decade now.

I think the game will be good, even if they copy shenmue 1&2 1 to 1 and add a fishing minigame. Game is a very unique openworld game, it has no competition

AlfredoTurkey said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Paypal still get rewards, just not the kickstater ones.

ex: Kickstarter: A physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exlusive, backer-only case.

Paypal: A physical copy of Shenmue 3 for PS4 in an exlusive case.

The fact that Sony, Sega or someone else didn't just publish this game and then distribute the game physically world wide is mind blowing to me. There's no way I'm going to pay 60 dollars for a game that may or may not work out and even if it does, there's no way I'm going to pay that for a digital only game. 

Should have been published.

You wouldnt have bought it anyways me thinks, stop pretending