By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs XB1 in 2016? Voting: PS4 wins 6:1

I choose...

PS4 798 84.18%

XB1 150 15.82%

Total:948
Azuren said:
yvanjean said:
Great lineup for PS4 this year.... clear winner especially with the delay to uncharted 4.

Still not enough to ever make me want to buy a PS4 since I own both an Xbox One and gaming PC.

Owning both of those platforms already certainly does minimize the necessity of a PS4. While we can agree that there likely isn't enough reason for you to purchase a PS4, I believe we can agree that people coming in from 7th have good reason to get a PS4 over an XB1. That said, they share a large percentage of their libraries already, so it's not a very wide margin for PS4's favor.

Not really because this thread is only comparing 2016.... which is a huge year for PS4 and a good year for Xbox One.

IMO the XB1 has a better lineup then PS4 before 2016, they now offer backward compability and most of the time the console is cheaper then PS4. 

It would also be much cheaper to buy 1 or 2 year old games then jumping in now just to buy the new release games. Even if they buy a PS4 in 2016, I would advice them to buy discounted game like Witcher 3, Batman, Fallout 4, Bloodbone, etc and ignore new release until they get a price drop.

If you own or wanted to play old Xbox 360 games, I would say get a XB1. If you live in North America or UK, both consoles are pretty much neck to neck.   

Around the Network

Both good. This site is PS and Nintendo fan favored. They will win any poll against MS.

Put up a poll about who will have more lifetime sales, Wii U/NX or XBO. The non MS entity will always win because of the incredibly biased userbase this website has.

To me, Uncharted 3 was not even that good compared to Tomb Raider and due to that I'm much more excited to play Rise of the Tomb Raider when it comes out on PC as well as Quantum Break for XBO. Anything "Time" related interests me greatly (Like the movie Interstellar) so thats at the top for me in 2016.

Will still be getting a PS4 for Uncharted and a couple other games I would think. Til then, XBO as the media hub/console games (currently CoD and sports) and the gaming PC for anything else I play.

ez.

yvanjean said:
Azuren said:

Owning both of those platforms already certainly does minimize the necessity of a PS4. While we can agree that there likely isn't enough reason for you to purchase a PS4, I believe we can agree that people coming in from 7th have good reason to get a PS4 over an XB1. That said, they share a large percentage of their libraries already, so it's not a very wide margin for PS4's favor.

Not really because this thread is only comparing 2016.... which is a huge year for PS4 and a good year for Xbox One.

IMO the XB1 has a better lineup then PS4 before 2016, they now offer backward compability and most of the time the console is cheaper then PS4. 

It would also be much cheaper to buy 1 or 2 year old games then jumping in now just to buy the new release games. Even if they buy a PS4 in 2016, I would advice them to buy discounted game like Witcher 3, Batman, Fallout 4, Bloodbone, etc and ignore new release until they get a price drop.

If you own or wanted to play old Xbox 360 games, I would say get a XB1. If you live in North America or UK, both consoles are pretty much neck to neck.   

Ah, then we'll have to disagree. Limited backwards compatibility is nice, but it's not a system seller. In addition to that, there's only one true exclusive on XB1 that I want to play (Sunset Overdrive), and that's only because the gameplay reminds me so much of Ratchet and Clank. And PS4 has been the same price as XB1 for more than half of their runs so far, so it's more accurate to say they have been the same price than it is to say one is cheaper.

In my opinion, there are only three titles on XB1 I have interest in for 2016, and they'll all be available on my PC, too.

And if you're a bargain Hunter with interest in last gen games... Just buy a last gen console? It'll be cheaper and you won't spend twice as much for games that you don't want to buy new, anyway. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

Ah, then we'll have to disagree. Limited backwards compatibility is nice, but it's not a system seller. In addition to that, there's only one true exclusive on XB1 that I want to play (Sunset Overdrive), and that's only because the gameplay reminds me so much of Ratchet and Clank. And PS4 has been the same price as XB1 for more than half of their runs so far, so it's more accurate to say they have been the same price than it is to say one is cheaper.

In my opinion, there are only three titles on XB1 I have interest in for 2016, and they'll all be available on my PC, too.

And if you're a bargain Hunter with interest in last gen games... Just buy a last gen console? It'll be cheaper and you won't spend twice as much for games that you don't want to buy new, anyway. 

Agree, If you don't like Gears, Halo or Forza then your probably not really swayed by XB1. 

Rare replay and 2016's Sea of thieves might actually bring back RARE has a worth while studios for Microsoft.

My biggest beef with Sony's concoles as always been their shitty controller. Although the PS4 controller has delt with many of my complaint with prior controllers its still inferior to Xbox's, IMO. 

yvanjean said:
Azuren said:

Agree, If you don't like Gears, Halo or Forza then your probably not really swayed by XB1. 

Rare replay and 2016's Sea of thieves might actually bring back RARE has a worth while studios for Microsoft.

My biggest beef with Sony's concoles as always been their shitty controller. Although the PS4 controller has delt with many of my complaint with prior controllers its still inferior to Xbox's, IMO. 

I love Halo. But I don't like that they're milking it now. Reach is the last one to me. Gears never resonated with me, and I'll stick with GT.

I don't consider re-releases to be actual releases. I never agreed with exclusive lists that include Last of Us, so I don't agree with Rare Replay being a reason to buy an XB1. It's nice, but not a seller to me. Sea of Thieves is something I look forward to, but it'll be on PC, too, so I'll get it there. 

As far as the controller is concerned, the DS4 is easily the best Playstation controller ever, and I personally find it much more comfortable than the XB1 controller. In fact, I'd say the XB1 controller was a step backwards for Xbox. That's all personal opinion, though; hands are all shaped differently. 

Around the Network
Azuren said:

I love Halo. But I don't like that they're milking it now. Reach is the last one to me. Gears never resonated with me, and I'll stick with GT.

I don't consider re-releases to be actual releases. I never agreed with exclusive lists that include Last of Us, so I don't agree with Rare Replay being a reason to buy an XB1. It's nice, but not a seller to me. Sea of Thieves is something I look forward to, but it'll be on PC, too, so I'll get it there. 

As far as the controller is concerned, the DS4 is easily the best Playstation controller ever, and I personally find it much more comfortable than the XB1 controller. In fact, I'd say the XB1 controller was a step backwards for Xbox. That's all personal opinion, though; hands are all shaped differently. 

The deal with compilation it all depends on how long the games been out of market and is it still available to gamer (legally).

Even has a big Xb1 fan I cant deny that last of us is an exception it sold over 4 million copies on PS4 (almost same as what it sold on PS3), the game release at a time when people were switching from Xbox 360 and PS4 did not have many games or exclusives and #1 factor is that it will never be available on XB1. But, that also like saying GTA V & Tomb Raider definitive edition are two of the best game made for PS4/XB1. 

What make Rare Replay so good is that it allows you to play all these old games that you can't play anymore unless you have the old consoles. They are also selling the game at a discount, Rare replay is simply a fan service by Rare for people that wants to play these games. I bought it day 1, just to replay Blast Corp, Conker, Banjo and R.C. Pro-Am. Microsoft did buy the exclusive right to all these game in modern era by owning Rare. 

Same can be said with Master Chief Collection: that game did two thing that totally stand out allowed you to play Halo 1 multiplayer online for the first time ever and brought back Halo 2 multiplayer for fan that wanted to play it. It's also the best couch co-op game available on Ps4 and Xb1.  

What to say, I'm just happy to be a PS4 Gamer!

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Azuren said:
yvanjean said:
Azuren said:

oh, you again.  The Xbox Elite controller is by far the best controller ever made. Even if you disregard the elite controller how can you say the 360 controller is better.  It literally feels like a plastic pos compared to the XB1 controller. 

DJEVOLVE said:
flint said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Windows 10 and Xbox one I'm counting as exclusive. If I buy one on the Xbox One, I also own it on my Windows 10 etc... They are now the same and this is splitting hairs. MS owns both and should be seen as an exclusive.

If you want you can buy any of those games on a PC without owning an XB1. The cross buy is great, but not strictly relevant. You can buy any of the PS4 console exclusives without owning a PS4. In this old fashioned console showdown, so same thing. Also this is PS4 vs XB1 not Sony vs Microsoft etc etc. So in short, no, please don't try to spin things here. Either to convince yourself or others.

I'm stating it and yes it is now fact. Sony doesn't own window 10 nor any windows. The rules have changed, if you can't accept that, than don't make these threads to split peas.

So why are people pissing and moaning about Street Fighter V being on PS4 and PC only? Surely that means it's also on Xb one, so there is nothing to complain about. But people still call it the same as the Tomb Raider situation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Sharpryno said:
Azuren said:

oh, you again.  The Xbox Elite controller is by far the best controller ever made. Even if you disregard the elite controller how can you say the 360 controller is better.  It literally feels like a plastic pos compared to the XB1 controller. 

I disagree.