By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was/were the last game(s) that amazed you?

As we get older, things just seem to not amaze us as much as when we were kids. However, there are still some amazing games being released today. But be honest, what was the last game that truly amazed you, had you engrossed, and intrigued?

For me, that game was Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. The game released at a time where I really wasn't playing games that much anymore. I kind of knew what to expect, and everyting looked like more of the same. However, when I finally got my hands on it, I couldn't stop playing the darn thing. I would spend entire play sessions just doing the fetch quests, and I actually enjoyed it! The game was a breath of fresh air in the JRPG genre and it restored my faith in my favorite genre. I'm anxiously awaiting the sequel and I hope it delivers the same awe as the original.

As I said, name some games that really amazed you while you were playing. Games that made you feel like you haven't in some time. These could be from 1986 or 2016, doesn't matter.

Honorable Mentions:

Super Mario Galaxy

Dragon Quest VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater

Around the Network

Hmm, if I had to list games that have truly wowed me:

EarthBound

Xenoblade Chronicles

Splatoon

Undertale

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Well, Super Mario Galaxy. I had stopped gaming for a few years, then I bought a Wii. Everyone was buying a Wii. It was kinda fun, but not for long, then I got my hands on Mario Galaxy. It just blew my mind. I wish Nintendo would release a SMG 3.

Bioshock Infinite

The wolf among us. not my favorite genre and not my favorite gameplay, but the story and characters, that left an amazing impression on me.

Around the Network

The two last games that truly wowed me were Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma. The former was an eye-opener experience that made me become better by learning to play better, not just forcing trial and error. The later made me realize how much I love gaming, and appreciate how beautiful certain things are if we tolerate its visible flaws.

Bloodborne

Xenoblade Chronicles (not x)
Mario Galaxy

All the metroid prime games

Currently Halo 5 it was slow start but nearing the end it's enthralling.