By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Gamepad battery

Normchacho said:
archer9234 said:

The other controllers don't work in Netflix?

They probably do, I currently only use the gamepad and GameCube controllers for games though and it's a pretty convoluted mess to have to swap controllers and turn off the gamepad just to use Netflix.

If they do. I'd honestly just use the Wii Remote. That's the closet you get with the Gamepad's interactive speed. But I get you. I stopped using the the other controllers. I just looked at my other/older consoles. And they have one controller. The Wii U can use 3. 4 with Smash. With 4 variations. And you're forced to keep the gamepad there. I waste tons of room. Leaving all that crap out. So I just stopped using a lot of my Wii U games, out of frustration.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Go to the home menu and into control settings, it's right there.

Let me explain my conundrum. I use my Wii U to watch Netflix quite a bit, and it's a pain to have the screen playing whatever I'm watching the whole time. 

So naturally the solution would be to turn it off. Unfortunately, you can only turn off the entire gamepad, not just the display. So if you turn it off, you can no longer use it to navigate the app.

Hmm, that actually seems like a problem.

Maybe you could try turning off the gamepad with the pro controller while watching something on Netflix?

That's the only solution I could think of.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Cloudman said:
It is a bit of a grip for me sometimes, though if I am really determined, I just plug in the charger directly to the gamepad. Though most of the time I just turn off the game and take a break. It's for the better...

^ this has been my solution.

I really hope nintendo do a normal controller for the nx.

JRPGfan said:
Cloudman said:
It is a bit of a grip for me sometimes, though if I am really determined, I just plug in the charger directly to the gamepad. Though most of the time I just turn off the game and take a break. It's for the better...

^ this has been my solution.

I really hope nintendo do a normal controller for the nx.

It's long enough for me to chill on my bed while I play, haha. I kinda hope Ninten does an overall normal for the NX, but I feel like that ain't gonna happen.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Whilst the battery life is indeed lame, the charging cable is quite long. When the battery starts dying on me, I just plug it to the wall.

Around the Network

You are allowed to charge it while you play, you know. Mine lasts 4-5 hours and takes about 3 to charge back up. Also turning down the screen brightness really does help. And lastly just leave it on the charge dock when you aren't playing, it will be ready to go at all times...

Mine lasts about that long, though it doesn't drain out when I don't play it during the week.. (maybe it's because I leave it plugged in)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Yep is pretty bad, you can always get a better battery but nintendo messed up anyway.

Platina said:
Mine lasts about that long, though it doesn't drain out when I don't play it during the week.. (maybe it's because I leave it plugged in)

I always leave mine resting on the charging cradle when it's not in use.  I have full power each time I start it. 

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Ultrashroomz said:
Normchacho said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Go to the home menu and into control settings, it's right there.

Let me explain my conundrum. I use my Wii U to watch Netflix quite a bit, and it's a pain to have the screen playing whatever I'm watching the whole time. 

So naturally the solution would be to turn it off. Unfortunately, you can only turn off the entire gamepad, not just the display. So if you turn it off, you can no longer use it to navigate the app.

Hmm, that actually seems like a problem.

Maybe you could try turning off the gamepad with the pro controller while watching something on Netflix?

That's the only solution I could think of.

There are some games I've played that doesnt require the use of the gamepad yet it has to remain on or else the game wont work.