By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese devs talk about 2016

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/japanese-creatores-2016-level-5-popular-series-sequel-cyberconnect2-anniversary-surprises

Some highlights:

Atlus

Director Katsura Hashino (Persona 5): “I think we’ll be able to safely release an RPG we’ve had in development.” (lol)

Capcom

Producer Masachika Kawata (Resident Evil Revelations): “First we’ll release Umbrella Corps for the shooter fans, but other than that, I think this year we may be able to make a number of interesting announcements. Please look forward to them.”

Grasshopper Manufacture

Representative Director and Game Designer Goichi Suda (No More HeroesLollipop ChainsawLet It Die): “In 2016, I’ll finally release Let It Die.”

Comcept

Director Teruhiro Shimokawa (Soul Sacrifice): “I’ll do my best to announce a project I’m involved with next year.”

genDesign

Game Designer Fumito Ueda (The Last Guardian): “We’ll share more information [about The Last Guardian] leading toward its release, so please hold out a little longer.”

Square Enix

Chief Planner Takashi Anzai: “It’s Dragon Quest‘s 30th anniversary! We have a number of projects, so please look forward to it.”

Sony Computer Entertainment

Japan Studio Producer Teruyuki Toriyama (Bloodborne): “I will try my best to deliver an ambitious title in 2016, so please support SCE Japan Studio from now on.” (I don't know if he's talking about already announced games like TLG and GR2 or a new one)

Level-5

President Akihiro Hino (Yo-kai WatchNi no Kuni, etc.): “Level-5 is always thinking of and proposing new things to the world. I can’t let out the details yet, but in 2016 too we have all new ideas and various new titles to announce. Among them, there is also a sequel to a very popular series.

Around the Network

gotta love the japs....

omg Level5 getting me hyped.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Level 5, Dark cloud or rogue galaxy !

deskpro2k3 said:
omg Level5 getting me hyped.

Calling it, it's Youkai Watch 4.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I hope Deep Down is released as a full game instead of F2P. The Panty Raid engine must release it's showcase trophy.

I hope this means dark cloud 3

I thought that article would just be a big cum explosion but they actually got some words out of them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Akihiro Hino from level5 is a tease lol.

"Among them, there is also a sequel to a very popular series.”

I know it will probably never happen, but I would love a new Professor Layton.