By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Is The Clear Underdog This Generation.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

what.

Sony cut PS2's price earlier than PS4 and it was dominating more than PS4 in the U.S. Price cuts don't happen just because of your competition, you drop the price to increase sales and get more consumers buying software, PSN purchases, and subscription services.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Jega said:

Why did Sony drop the price of the PS4 this holiday season while the PS4 was ahead by 10M  16M+ Units? 

Differences in sales between the PS4 & XB1, are atleast 16M at this point, not just 10M.

And yes... when your ahead by 16 million units, your the underdog..... makes sense.

Pionner said:
Sony cut PS2's price earlier than PS4 and it was dominating more than PS4 in the U.S. Price cuts don't happen just because of your competition, you drop the price to increase sales and get more consumers buying software, PSN purchases, and subscription services.

^ this.

Prices arnt everything. Sony wants marketshare & happy consumers, thats why the prices drop, the profits will come from other things (services&software).

Its about keeping or accelerating sales, and says nothing about "how secure" they are in their product.

Also Im pretty sure if you ask any random sony worker, they ll say they re proud of their product, and believe fully in it.

I mean why wouldnt they with the PS4? its better/beats the XB1 in more or less any possible metric / way you can think of.

Sony dropping the price is not at all them maximizing sales and keep outselling the MS everywhere.
No it's clearly just Sony being the powerless underdog. It's so clear to me now, thanks for the insight!

To humour this thread with a more serious reply: The PS4 has more leverage to lower the price than X1 because it's a simpler platform in overall design.
It has less specialized and proprietary components; it just has more powerful components that are more standard and flexible. It's also smaller so more of them fit in containers, trucks, warehouses and shops.

All that means is that PS4 is 'easier' to become cheaper. It's just better designed in that way.
Sony is making the most of that in its pricing strategy. There's nothing more to it than that.

Around the Network
funkateer2 said:

The PS4 has more leverage to lower the price than X1 because it's a simpler platform in overall design.
It has less specialized and proprietary components; it just has more powerful components that are more standard and flexible. It's also smaller so more of them fit in containers, trucks, warehouses and shops.

All that means is that PS4 is 'easier' to become cheaper. It's just better designed in that way.
Sony is making the most of that in its pricing strategy. There's nothing more to it than that.

^ this needs mentioning.

Its about useing your advantage, to push at your competitor.

If anything it just means they are ready now to accelerate sales, which in 2016 are going to be insane, compaired to 2015.

PS4 is the undertaker.

Versus_Evil said:

i mean no xbox owner is this stupid.

Er.... I beg to differ, and you would too if you met some of them...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]