By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - USA political system needs changes

Which system do you prefer?

two-party 8 12.12%

multi-party 58 87.88%

Total:66

Two party system -  This needs to be changed to a multiparty system.  Both major parties suck.  There needs to be more parties to choose from and your vote needs to count.  Proportional representation is far superior to winner takes all.  I would vote if winner takes all was axed.  I want my vote to count for a third party.

Electoral college - This is the worst idea to keep alive in the 21st century.  Fuck the electoral college.  Gore would have defeated Bush if it was up to the popular vote.  Now we have turmoil in Iraq for decades thanks to Bush being allowed President.  They say your vote counts...  What if you voted for the other guy than your state elects?  You vote doesn't count.

Citizens United - The biggest pile of shit to ever get approved from the Supreme Court.  Money talks.

Election Day - Needs to be a national holiday.

2Pac - Changes

Around the Network

Hilary for president

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

asqarkabab said:
Hilary for president

That is just advancing the status quo.

or we just dont have any partys

sethnintendo said:
asqarkabab said:
Hilary for president

That is just advancing the status quo.

Make the system like germany with multiple parties and its good

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
Azerth said:
or we just dont have any partys

What about the drink beer and smoke weed party?  We need someone to represent us.

sethnintendo said:

1. Two party system -  This needs to be changed to a multiparty system.  Both major parties suck.  There needs to be more parties to choose from and your vote needs to count.  Proportional Representation is far superior to winner takes all.  I would actually vote if winner takes all was axed.  I want my vote to count for a third party.

2. Electoral college - This is the worst idea to keep alive in the 21st century.  Fuck the electoral college.  Gore would have defeated Bush if it was up to the popular vote.  Now we have turmoil in Iraq for decades thanks to Bush being allowed President.  They say your vote counts...  What if you voted for the other guy that your state elects?  You vote doesn't count.

3. Citizens United - The biggest pile of shit to ever get approved from the Supreme Court.  Money talks.

4. Election Day - Needs to be a national holiday.

1. I'd rather a no-party system. We vote for individual candidates based on their individual merits. 

2. Take that up with the states. The U.S has a divided sovereign federal system and the states have political power in the federal elections. 

3. What change to the supreme court would've changed this? It seems like they made the decision within their powers. 

4. Honestly, almost every employer - even the likes of Walmart - give people off on this day or part of this day to vote, often with paid time off. I don't see how this is a big poliltical issue anyway. People aren't going to start voting if it were a holiday, in fact, I think people would be more inclined not to because they would rather enjoy their leisure time than voting, where as now it is a way to get out of work.  

I generally agree the U.S political system needs to change/not be what it is. I'd personally rather there be no federal government, and we would had stuck with the articles of confederation. 

@seth,

Attempts to change political system without considering currently existing elites (aka who "owns" the state) consensus is like trying to build a sandcastle, it won't live past next tidal wave.

sc94597 said:

1. I'd rather a no-party system. We vote for individual candidates based on their individual merits. 

2. Take that up with the states. The U.S has a dual-sovereign federal system and the states have political power in the federal elections. 

3. What change to the supreme court would've changed this? It seems like they made the decision within their powers. 

4. Honestly, almost every employer - even the likes of Walmart - give people off on this day or part of this day to vote, often with paid time off. I don't see how this is a big poliltical issue anyway. People aren't going to start voting if it were a holiday, in fact, I think people would be more inclined not to because they would rather enjoy their leisure time than voting, where as now it is a way to get out of work.  

I generally agree the U.S political system needs to change/not be what it is. I'd personally rather there be no federal government, and we would had stuck with the articles of confederation. 

3. They allowed super PACs.  This is the worst idea ever for politics.

4. My employer sure as hell doesn't give election day off.  I don't know where you work but most private employers in USA don't give election day off.

mai said:
@seth,

Attempts to change political system without considering currently existing elites (aka who "owns" the state) consensus is like trying to build a sandcastle, it won't live past next tidal wave.

I will never be able to make the changes.  I just want to open the eyes.