By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rubang's Reviews #2: Abadox. 10/10. With the videos to prove it.

Abadox is one of my favorite games of all time.  It is a classic NES shooter unlike any other.  You fight robots, ghosts, aliens, and floating eyeballs all inside of a gigantic organic planet-monster as you journey down its mouth, throat, stomach and through all its guts until you SAVE A PRINCESS.  This game is so perfect that words can not describe its perfection.  This game must truly speak for itself.  And so, for you, the members of VGChartz, I have handcrafted animated .gifs of the intro, every miniboss and boss battle (some with good sweet spots), and yes, even the epic ending (retro spoiler alert?).  And so, esteemed members of the VGChartz community...

I give you... Abadox!  Enjoy.

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Level 6

Any questions?

Around the Network

I'm disgusted with all of you, not only as so-called "gamers" but as human beings. Everybody who didn't comment in this thread wouldn't know a good game if it flew down their throat, saved a princess, and blew them up.

Besides, if you don't love Abadox, you're not a real gamer.

I haven't played this one, but it does look and sound interesting. I buy classic games all the time, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it next time I head to the local game store.

Does it have a healthy level of challenge? What about the tunes?

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

It's actually insanely hard towards the end, and has that Gradius or R-Type effect where you get a bunch of power-ups, die, and start over from scratch where you're totally screwed. I've only mastered it because I played it forever, but I still had to use the invincibility cheat to get those good screenshots of the final boss. The rest of them I took by hitting the screensave button over and over while actually playing.

The first level's really amazing because you actually fly through the mouth and there are teeth all over the ceiling and floor that are trying to bite you and you fly over a gigantic awesome disgusting tongue.

And concerning the tunes, I just loaded it up for a refresher, and the tunes are definitely adequate for nice space blasting.

If you haven't noticed from those screens, the game is ALL ABOUT EYEBALLS. The first enemies were... flying eyeballs... an eyeball that rolls around on the ground and shoots you... flying skulls with exposed brain and maybe brain stems still attached.... AND PTERODACTYLS. Man this game's rad.

Hmm looks very interesting might download it on VC later when I get kind of bored of brawl

Around the Network

Reminds me of Life Force, but with fewer Easter Island heads spewing Cheerios and more meat.

And I'm not using meat as some kind of metaphor. That's a meaty game.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

If we don't like Abadox we're not real gamers? Okay then, I'll be a 'fake' gamer.

[+1 to anyone who get's the joke]

DMeisterJ said:
If we don't like Abadox we're not real gamers? Okay then, I'll be a 'fake' gamer.

[-1] if you think it's funny...

super_etecoon said:
DMeisterJ said:

[-1] if you think it's funny...

You're so mean.

I had this game for like ... 10 years ... and i was never able to finish it ... :(
it was so good but so hard !! great game and will be forever remembered as one of those hard as nails NES games :D

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa