By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What shovelware coming out in 2016 do you plan to buy for PS4?

I definitely plan on getting some of those shovelware's for the PS4!

Around the Network

- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
- Nights of Azure
- Street Fighter V
- Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
- Nier: Automata
- Final Fantasy XV
- Star Ocean 5
- Persona 5
- Uncharted 4
- Ratchet & Clank
- The Last Guardian
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Hellblade
- Ys 8
- Gravity Rush Remastered
- Gravity Rush 2
- Kingdom Hearts 2.8

2016 here i come!

I had a completely different idea of what the term "shovelware" meant.

Paatar said:
Do you mean software?

Nope he was making a joke

Mystro-Sama said:
What does shovelware mean exactly?...

Shovelware are games that are just for the numbers, bad or mediocre games that get released to just add "fluff" to a consoles line up of games. The OP was making a joke/jab with the whole PS4 has no game crap that went around for quite awhile altough it was never true.

My list would be way too long to type, realy, I want some 20 games that are coming next year for the PS4.

I've seen this joke going around. Who was the person who originally said it? Anyone know?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

I certainly won't be buying them all in 2016 for various reasons, but these are the (hopefully) 2016 releases that I'm looking at picking up eventually:

Assassin's Creed Chronicles
Dark Souls III
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Doom
Everybody's Golf
Far Cry: Primal
Final Fantasy XV
Gravity Rush Remastered
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Last Guardian, The
Lego Marvel's Avengers
Life is Strange
Mafia III
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
Ni-Oh
Nier: Automata
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank
Republique
Resident Evil: Origins Collection
Rise of the Tomb Raider
South Park: the Fractured but Whole
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
Tales of Berseria
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
World of Final Fantasy
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Assassin's Creed Chronicles, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, World of Final Fantasy and Ys VIII might end up being Vita purchases depending on whether or not they're available physically on Vita or have any platform-specific perfomance issues that I'd rather not suffer with. I might also pick up Persona 5 on PS3, but that also depends on distribution method and any potential issues with the PS3 version.

So far, Gravity Rush 2, Ni no Kuni II, Persona 5, Ratchet & Clank and Ys VIII are the only titles that I'm definitely planning on picking up at launch. A lot of the others, especially titles like Gravity Rush Remastered and Lego Marvel's Avengers, I'm not intending on picking up until they're at certain price points.

Uncharted 4 (do you really need anything else?)
Horizon
Ratchet & Clank
Street Fighter V
Division (dependent on reviews)
Doom
Farcry Primal (unsure)
Battleborn
Mirror's Edge (dependent on reviews)
Dark Souls III
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy XV
South Park
Gran Turismo Sport
Dirt Rally

It's called shovelware because it's so many games coming out that you have to shovel them onto the back of a truck to haul them home, right?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Uncharted 4
Final Fantasy XV
Dragon Quest XI
Star Ocean 5
Persona 5
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII

All the shovelware I need next year, might consider a few more like Dragon Quest Heroes 2 or Dynasty Warriors 9 if released.

As of now:

Hot Shots Golf
Uncharted 4
The Last Guardian
Horizon Zero Dawn