By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - eb games haze trade in program not happening says ubisoft

http://kotaku.com/369804/too-good-to-be-true-haze-trade+in-program-was-too-good-to-be-true

they attribute the deal as having been a miscommunication between it and the canadian version of gamestop (ebgames) 

Around the Network

What the hell is with the line, "the Canadian version of GameStop, known as GameStop."

It's known as EB Games in Canada. I think it was a misprint, because why would they bother typing that in the first place...

Anyway, this is a good thing.

good this woulda fucked things uo badly.

What if Haze is so meh, then you are stuck with the darn game. Ubisoft should not dictate what retailers can and can not do.

Wait, why is it still called EB Games in Canada?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Wait, why is it still called EB Games in Canada?

probably because as far as I know there wasn't any gamestops in canada and therefore why bring out a brand image that nobody knows. ( I cannot verify that there were never gamestops in canada i've just never seen any or heard of any)

(the only gamestop in canada that I can find mention of is a chain that sells magic cards, figurines, assorted nerd stuff.)

http://www.gamestop.ca/store/home.php?xid=c0267a2dc92252a14ffb0f09e1af1cd0

They never bothered to switch it to Gamestop. I guess they figured that people would have a negative reaction if the EB games they had been going to for years just left. However, Gamestop bought Music World in Canada (approximately 400 stores I believe) and they are turning them all into Gamestops.......so I have no idea what will happen to EB.

There's actually a EB Games near me, and I live in PA.

Theres 2 EB Games locations I can think of where I live. Many in Canada. Never seen a gamestop in Canada.

I'm back...

Miscommunication? Yeah right...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957