By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Force Awakens sucks! *MAJOR SPOILERS*

To me i almost felt like i was watching a reboot/copy/clone whatever you want to call it of one of the previous original movies with just a few different characters.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

I liked it quite a bit and can't wait for Episode VIII.

Main flaw for me was that it was way too similar to Episode IV, and the pacing was a little too fast. Felt like they never had time to breathe.

But all in all, it is one heck of a movie, and a good refresh for a new generation of Star Wars movies. I really enjoyed Rey and can't wait to see her grow.

Kylo Ren can rot in hell. I expect a really, really painful death. The writers better deliver on that end!

Chewie better be the one to deliver the death blow to him. Not that I beleive they would actually write that into the story, but to me chewie deserves his revenge 

nanarchy said:
meh, finally watched it today. Not as good as the original 3, but certainly no where near as bad as the prequels. My experience was slightly tainted by having to watch it in 3D (not sure if I am glad that that particular fad is fading fast or annoyed as it is hard to get a seat in a normal screening while 3D sessions are less than a 3rd full.). Story was highly predictable and seemed to be just a bad rehash of some of the originals but the action was decent, the dialogue not as cringeworthy as what lucas produces but still not exactly the best movie of the year.

The only thing imo that makes The Force Awakens better then the prequels is no jar-jar but still they are very close

Cobretti2 said:
To me i almost felt like i was watching a reboot/copy/clone whatever you want to call it of one of the previous original movies with just a few different characters.

I agree with you, didn't feel like a new movie at all Star Wars episode 6.5 more like it. I think Star Wars for Disney is more of an ad to sell toys and stuff

Werix357 said:

I agree with you, didn't feel like a new movie at all Star Wars episode 6.5 more like it. I think Star Wars for Disney is more of an ad to sell toys and stuff

To me it felt like a fan serivce to the few guys who made youtube vdeos about th eprequels and whinged what made the original better scene by scene and so they put those scenes in lol.

I agree with you about the toys I have bought some myself haha.

Cobretti2 said:
Werix357 said:

To me it felt like a fan serivce to the few guys who made youtube vdeos about th eprequels and whinged what made the original better scene by scene and so they put those scenes in lol.

I agree with you about the toys I have bought some myself haha.

Yeah your probably right Disney tried a little too hard to replecate the first movies, but I didn't think they were going to take such a safe non-inspired approach.

Around the Network
GameAnalyser said:

All of a sudden l feel the prequels weren't that bad.

My man, you said it. My thoughts excactly after watching the forge awakens. I miss George Lucas already. Prequels were STAR WARS. They had the magic of STAR WARS. The story was oscilating around the core of STAR WARS. It wasn't as we would like it to be but it WAS STAR WARS. The Fork Awakens is not a STAR WARS movie in my opinion. It's just another fast paced comedy action movie. I'm not angry anymore... I'm just sad.

yet, there is still hope... as long as scientists are working on and developing new ideas... maybe, in the not so distant future, someone will be able to erase it from my memory...

Airaku said:
I really miss George Luca's. For all the flak the original trilogy gets. They were still good movies that FELT like Star Wars. The Force Awakens was a very good movie, but lacked the Star Wars magic. I do have faith that Episode VIII and IX will be redeeming of this mess.

I want to go and watch it again before I really make a strong opinion on it.

I am not here to look for a fight over this movie. I am not here to feed myself on upseting people about anything. In the end, it's only a movie. And yet... You don't know how happy I am not to be alone in this. I agree with what you said. There is no STAR WARS magic in the movie. It's just another movie with the toys from the SW Universe... It makes me said. But we have what we have and no one will take it from us. We have the passion, the truth about what STAR WARS really is. This deep Universe with  the force, the Sith, the Jedi.... With the feeling that this movie is not only blasters and lightsabers. It's the meaning of every prolonged moment and thought that can lighten up our imagination. The feeling that there is focus on what we believe in, and that we can see in between the scenes, receiving the true nature of the STAR WARS essence and every little drop of the force that it gives us... It's true, all of it. ;) I love STAR WARS and I won't be fooled by the look of the new Episode. 

Virlando said:
Airaku said:
I really miss George Luca's. For all the flak the original trilogy gets. They were still good movies that FELT like Star Wars. The Force Awakens was a very good movie, but lacked the Star Wars magic. I do have faith that Episode VIII and IX will be redeeming of this mess.

I want to go and watch it again before I really make a strong opinion on it.

I am not here to look for a fight over this movie. I am not here to feed myself on upseting people about anything. In the end, it's only a movie. And yet... You don't know how happy I am not to be alone in this. I agree with what you said. There is no STAR WARS magic in the movie. It's just another movie with the toys from the SW Universe... It makes me said. But we have what we have and no one will take it from us. We have the passion, the truth about what STAR WARS really is. This deep Universe with  the force, the Sith, the Jedi.... With the feeling that this movie is not only blasters and lightsabers. It's the meaning of every prolonged moment and thought that can lighten up our imagination. The feeling that there is focus on what we believe in, and that we can see in between the scenes, receiving the true nature of the STAR WARS essence and every little drop of the force that it gives us... It's true, all of it. ;) I love STAR WARS and I won't be fooled by the look of the new Episode. 

Can you describe in more details what is not Star Wars about The Force Awakens? I can't recall a moment where I said to myself this doesn't have a Star Wars feel.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Can you describe in more details what is not Star Wars about The Force Awakens? I can't recall a moment where I said to myself this doesn't have a Star Wars feel.

There can just be a feeling sometimes if something isn't right.

I saw the film Sunday and while agree it was a very entertaining film, there were things lacking for it to make it an outstanding film. I think the prequel 3 had more of a Star Wars feel but then they would, this... I dunno. If people feel that way, let them.

I feel the film depended of the original 3 too much, the new stuff in the film which essentially expanded to the universe was good but there were too many things which made it smaller/similar.... that doesn't quite make sense but I know what I mean. :P

Hmm, pie.

Eh, I'd rank The Force Awakens behind The Empire Strikes Back. The cast of characters, especially the new ones, were really well done and acted. While the film did heavily relied on familiar plot points, I felt the execution of those plot points were extremely well done. All in all, I felt that the movie set a solid foundation for the next 2.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC