By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami, You Done Did It.

Well, maybe M$ should hook up with Konami now. They are both pretty hated. Can two wrongs make a right?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

The Konami that I grew up with (80's and early 90's) was such a bad ass, awesome developer/publisher. It's sad to see them turn into what they've turned into. The same goes for Capcom, Sega... so many great Japanese publishers and developers have gone down the drain.

Xxain said:

Truck, why is it sooo important that MGSV has Kojima's name on box? HE WORKS FOR KONAMI! What makes him soo much more deserving that Miyamoto, Fumito Ueda, Yuki Naka, Sakaguchi, Tetsuya Nomura and many more? The idea that Kojima believes he is higher than the people who pay his bills is biting the hand that feeds you and is vain as fuck. Imagine an son or daughter with attitude in your house. 

I see why KONAMI did what they did - cut the lights off at Kojima Production, he so big and bad well turn em back on then. Oh he cant because KONAMI is paying the bills for the company not him.

Would Konami have MGS without Kojima? No? Would Kojima have created MGS without Konmai? Yes? That's why he deserves it because HE is the one who created the franchise. Konami was lucky they got the chance to fund his idea. 

I support artists, not money hungry publishers. You should too.

Xxain said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm talking from a PR/public image standpoint. Maybe they were dancing from happiness that they were getting rid of Kojima but they should just have waited it out to avoid losing face like they did.

The only mistake that KONAMI has made is not elaborating on thier side thus keeping the ball in Kojimas court. Its ridiculous that Kojima and his followers believe that he is entitled to having his name and company name on the box. That he should be allowed to solely represent himself and his team. To create a detachment from where the ppl paying for his games get no recognition. Unbelievable. 

Last time I checked the Konami logo was on every Metal Gear boxart and who knows the real story behind the "A Hideo Kojima game" tag? For all we know, Konami might have agreed to it for Metal Solid 2 because they thought it would help sell the title by banking on Kojima's popularity.

In the end, I don't care that much about his name being on the game or not. It's just that the actions Konami took as they severed their ties with Kojima came off as petty, like a kid breaking a toy instead of letting their little brother play with it.

Signature goes here!

step #1 ,Kojima independent - check

step #2, Kojima Productions making an exclusivity deal with PS - check

step #3, Konami selling the Suikoden licence to SCE - ...

let's do this #4theplayers :D

Around the Network
Xxain said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm talking from a PR/public image standpoint. Maybe they were dancing from happiness that they were getting rid of Kojima but they should just have waited it out to avoid losing face like they did.

The only mistake that KONAMI has made is not elaborating on thier side thus keeping the ball in Kojimas court. Its ridiculous that Kojima and his followers believe that he is entitled to having his name and company name on the box. That he should be allowed to solely represent himself and his team. To create a detachment from where the ppl paying for his games get no recognition. Unbelievable. 

They pulled pt, they cancelled silent hill. There are plenty of developers with their names on boxes, though it's about much more than that. So they are more responsible for the bad pr than you give them credit for.

On the flip side of what you were saying, who was making the product that made the money to pay the bills? 

LivingMetal said:

Too bad I won't be able to share wih you that support anymore.  Your loss.

So well written and true. Bitterness and sadness for the company that once prevailed in the gaming scene. MGS V was also my last euro spent on this company if only to support Kojima and MGS franchise which i love. It really pains me that MGS V feels somewhat incomplete and it's all due coming from konami to Kojima: RELEASE IT ALREADY!

Silent Hills was about to be revived... But nooooo, konami didnt want for it to be released in like 5 years. 

So there you have it konami. You made fans all over the world to despise you, hate you, write you off. And im happy they do!

Konami know the score and have for a while now. All they see now is a new army, one that fills their pockets with money from gambling machines.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

How do you know that Konami isn't involved with ISIS?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Konami only cares about mobile and the YuGiOhs so they don't gaf