By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT6 sales Total 4.71 million units

Normchacho said:
Roronaa_chan said:
GT is a beast
Might as well poost it here too. I predict GT PS4 will outsell every 8th gen Forza (includes Horizons) combined.

That would be a tall order. Forza is a yearly franchise and could end up at over 8 million units sold.

I know. Sounds easy enough. 

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Lmao at this delusion. Haha

What delusion?

That Forza XB1 games would sell 8M this gen. The franchise is already seeing fatigue. That's not going to happen unless they move to PC.

What are the 8th gen Forza numbers at? I'm looking forward to GT Sport, is the beta suppose to be the first half of the year?

Even though it's down from previous entries, these are still very strong sales. Clearly releasing right when PS4 launched is the main culprit for the drop.

I have no doubt that the next mainline Gran Turismo will sell much higher than GT6, even GT Sport could pass these numbers.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Normchacho said:

VGC has GT6 at 3.33 million units, making it 41% undertracked here.

You're forgetting digital sales. It's definitely not 41 % undertracked.

Around the Network

I really don;t like statements like "no other racing game released since GT6 has sold more, with exception to Mario Kart 8, at 5.87 million as of June 2015." It should be enough to say "only one racing game released since GT6 has sold more, being MK8..." Still shows it's sold very well within the racing game genre.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Zkuq said:
Normchacho said:

VGC has GT6 at 3.33 million units, making it 41% undertracked here.

You're forgetting digital sales. It's definitely not 41 % undertracked.

The digital sales of a 7th gen game? Even if digital sales are 15% of total sales the game is still 23% undertracked on VGC.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Holy shit at GT5 sales. 12 million units is nothing to scoff at. Also GT6 deserves more sales!

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

both GT games on ps3 undertracked, by quite a bit actually. Amazing how good GT5 did after what didn't look like such a good start. Sales are down in Japan for sure, and in the US i believe as well but i think GT is as strong as ever in Europe where it gets most of its sales anyway.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

BraLoD said:
BlowoverKing said:
Holy shit at GT5 sales. 12 million units is nothing to scoff at. Also GT6 deserves more sales!

Remember people saying GT was dying on PS3, lol, GT5 actually topped one of those PS2 monsters!
GT6 timing and marketing was really worst possible for it and the thing still goes around 5M in sales.

GT power is impressive.

Yeah in hindsight it was stupid to release GT6 during the launch of the PS4. At the time though who would have thought that last gen would have just up and died so quick. A PlayStation console has never died so quickly so I'm sure they were blindsided.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)