By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Turok Remastered Coming December 17th (Updated with Steam Release Trailer showcasing SD and HD)

Tagged games:

Have you played the original?

Nintendo 64 version 16 88.89%

PC version 2 11.11%

Total:18
asqarkabab said:

Ok then nothing for me 

If it had todays standard graphics i would buy it

Fair doos, it doesn't bother me that much, I mean some games I definitely like bumped up graphics but I also don't mind getting older games that run fine on newer OS's but come with more options/modding capabilities. That and they are letting us create our own maps which is pretty nice.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
asqarkabab said:

Ok then nothing for me 

If it had todays standard graphics i would buy it

Fair doos, it doesn't bother me that much, I mean some games I definitely like bumped up graphics but I also don't mind getting older games that run fine on newer OS's but come with more options/modding capabilities. That and they are letting us create our own maps which is pretty nice.

I love turok i will see if the price is right i will get it

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Really hoping for a PS4 remaster as well.

asqarkabab said:

I love turok i will see if the price is right i will get it

I'd imagine it not being higher than £20, at most I imagine £15 which is fine enough for me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Too minimalistic for me, but I would still choose this over military shooters online.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

There are two things I noticed. First of all, they finally got the cover art right. For some reason, the original Turok cover art had Joshua Fireseed on the front even though you played as Tal'Set in the first game. I didn't know anything about the Turok comics back then but it did bother me to see two different characters even though only one of them appeared in the original game.

The second thing I noticed is that the old game looked very much like an N64 game, especially because of the fog effect, although I thought the effect worked nicely for the original game's setting. The remake looks more like a first generation Dreamcast game. I'm not talking about a really good looking first generation Dreamcast game like SoulCalibur. I'm talking about the ones that were either ports of N64 or PlayStation games or games that just didn't look all that good after 2 years.

As someone who doesn't play that many FPS games these days, it's hard to judge. I had a lot of fun with the Turok games as a kid. I loved the exploration aspects of the game and finding secrets. I think some of you who never had a chance to play the original game might have some fun while others will be disappointed by some aspects of the game that clearly haven't aged well, particularly the AI, or the fact that the original game never had a multiplayer mode.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

OMG that trailer was SWEET! Looks like so much fun,

Used to play this awesome game on PC with 3dfx Voodoo1 back in late 1997, man... It was smooth like silk!! xD