By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Forget Hi-Def! Glasses FTW!

Actually, the difference between glasses and contacts is pretty big.

I wore glasses for some years in school and I thought it was great. Well, then I tried
"contacts" (great, I don´t know the correct expression here) and suddenly everything was much sharper, much bigger and felt like I didn´t need any glasses at all.

Funnily, after so many years without glasses I always get dizzy when I wear them.

Around the Network

I know that feeling. Contacts were a step up visually, but I just couldn't use them because I am always on computers. I don't blink often enough while on the computer... they would dry out when playing FFXI online. But that was some time ago. I also disliked contacts cuz if there were any chemicals in the air my eyes would start to get a thing bit itchy and watery... At a previous job I was around chemicals at times and didn't like that.

Got glasses last year, awkward at first but now second nature. My eyesight is pretty bad, without my glasses I cant see the letters/numbers etc on the keyboard I'm typing on.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Uhhh I don't have glasses....I gots me some built in 1080p eyes!!!!

Glasses are awesome. Does anyone know who invented them?

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions