By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft Wii U uses the TV for Inventory and crafting, Not the Gamepad!

It's a low blow, expect a lot of bad press and reduced sales potential with this news

If they are smart they will patch this in ASAP to save what hype they had

Around the Network
mysteryman said:
I expect the poor sales of Minecraft to be the poster child of "3rd parties not selling on Nintendo consoles".

^

This.

oniyide said:
im sorry if i might sound crass but did people really think that they were going to use that feature? Ninty barely cares so I know 3rd parties wont

It's not about caring, it's about using an available tool - a perfect one for this type of game - that would make your game better. If it's there, why would you not use it and make more money out of it? They didn't have to "change" their game for the gamepad. It seems an unwise decision because a lot of people that already owns Minecraft could perfectly buy the game again only for this feature.

Lol. It's not like using the Gamepad's touchscreen for building things was the most blatently obvious thing to implement...

So shame, but this gives me a little hope that maybe will be added later that function:

"Not at the moment, sorry. It's just used as an alternate screen if someone is using the TV. Would be cool though. :)"

Around the Network
oniyide said:
ihatefatkatz said:

Yes as it was done well by Nintendo in Mario Maker, so there is a natural expectation for Minecraft to follow

that was one game hence the "barely" part. And this is still an indie game at the end of the day, i didnt expect much but thats just me.

Nintendo Wii U games of 2015 that uses the gamepad: Mario Party 10,  Kirby and the rainbow curse, splatoon, super mario maker, fatal frame, amiibo festival  and xenoblade chronicles x

Nintendo Wii U games of 2015 that hardly uses the gamepad: Mario tennis and devil's third

So your assertion of "barely" is flatout wrong 

Damn, common sense really is scarce these days.

Do the Minecraft clones on the WiiU use the gamepad for the inventory?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Did it not cross their minds that inventory can be made easier with the gamepad?

How lazy is this. I think what it shows you is that this port was a super rush job. I just hope that they have enough respect for Wii U owners - given the price we're paying for the game - to implement this feature ASAP.