By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Japanese RPG Had A Really Good Story?

I would like to know. My all time favorite is Skies of Arcadia. How many more are out there?

Around the Network

I found Nier's story to be deeply engaging, thought-provoking and interesting, with some minor annoyances (like having to beat the game four times) on its way.

Baten Kaitos.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

the only one i can think about is Nier

Most of the Xeno series, Ni no Kuni, FFX (I'll argue to the end of time that X has a great plot, even if the localization issues distracted at times), and so on, off the top of my head. NnK has some gameplay problems though, be warned. If you're gonna play it make sure you're willing to sink 40 hours into a game that doesn't get any deeper in combat.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

The World Ends With You

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

The first Suikoden.

DivinePaladin said:
Most of the Xeno series, Ni no Kuni, FFX (I'll argue to the end of time that X has a great plot, even if the localization issues distracted at times), and so on, off the top of my head. NnK has some gameplay problems though, be warned. If you're gonna play it make sure you're willing to sink 40 hours into a game that doesn't get any deeper in combat.

Xeno series? like xenosaga? i couldnt get into xenoblade so i dont really know if the story gets any good, but xenosaga's story is pretty weak, pretentious and just dumb. Dont get me wrong, as a big FF's fan (and jrpgs in general) i do enjoy silly, over the top  stories but i imho opinion FUN doesnt make it for a good story.

Ni no kuni story is like the game's weakest aspect, is basically the kind of stories that you read to your kids when the are going to bed.

Anyway, i know there arent that many games with good stories out there, but we shouldnt low our standars U_U

the best JRPG story has 100% "Persona 4" or "P3".

Golden Sun.