By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma may consider Linkle for future Zelda titles

Linkle, Linkle...

Tingle... 11 31.43%

Kooloo-Limpah... 24 68.57%

Total:35

Linkle in a spinoff if it has to happen. Personally I'd rather have a game starring Zelda though. Its her legend after all.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
I'd be okay with her being optional. Loads of games let you choose between girl and boy.

Leave it optional Mr. Aonuma, OPTIONAL! Choice is a wonderful thing.

Wow had to get to page two of this thread for some common sense about it being a selection at startup of the game.

So traditionalists can use Link and Girls can select the female character, world is still in one piece. 

Sweet. I don't mind having an option for a female avatar. Her name is really corny though. Lana, Layla, Lily, or Eliza would be better. 

I'm fine with it, it would be cool, but i hate the name. Can't she just be Link?

KLAMarine said:
I'd be okay with her being optional. Loads of games let you choose between girl and boy.

Leave it optional Mr. Aonuma, OPTIONAL! Choice is a wonderful thing.

THIS!

Around the Network

Would ruin what zelda is I think.

My preceptions of a link, is a boy kid who goes on a adventure to save the princess.
Part of that, is as a kid your told "dont bully the girls" "dont hit girls" ect, you grow up takeing "care" / "being mindfull of girls" and its natural to want to protect them. I think its like a basic human instinct to want to care for girls (something we re born with), the same way most girls are more maturnal (want to take care of kids).

Zelda is that kid that has to go do the saveing. Part of it is hes a boy, and the one in need is a girl.
It wouldnt be the same game, if it was a female link, saveing her "friend" zelda, or a linkie saveing a guy zelda.

Theres reasons for Link being a guy. Makeing a zelda game wiht a female link, would not serve any reason, other than just because... we need a female hero, in a zelda game.

Imo just have zelda go on her own adventures without any link there, if you want a female hero game, set in the zelda universe.

*** whats next?

Female version of Mario as main character? (this actually makes more sense than a female link)

Male version of Samus Aran main character?

and why?

Interesting, but they definitely will not ditch Link in any case, so if they do this (but I doubt) we will have option to choose Link or Linkle.

He probably means in spin-offs, or as a side character. Which I would be cool with. I doubt he'll completely replace Link in a main game, as he very well shouldn't.

Like I said once before though, I'd be okay with it if she's playable in a main game only when the real Link would still be present, they're siblings, and you get to play the game from either character's point of view. If they'd replace Link they'd also have to have a male Zelda which would be beyond stupid. Just make Zelda or Impa spin-off games where you play as them then and forget about Linkle altogether.

First spin-offs, then mainline games, and finally breaching into Mario Kart n Smash, believe it!

Einsam_Delphin said:
First spin-offs, then mainline games, and finally breaching into Mario Kart n Smash, believe it!

First we need Toon Link and Toon Zelda in Mario Kart.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.