By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nice to know : Ni-Oh, Yakuza 0, KoF XIV, Ni No Kuni 2 were all shown as "Console exclusive/debut on PS4"

AsGryffynn said:
DonFerrari said:

You said you choose the loser on purpose, that is what I don't get. And what you have against protestic people?

It's less that I choose the loser on purpose and more like the loser consistently draws me in more than the winner, and nothing... I just pointed out that I'd rather miss good games rather than have them AND bad games... In a way, it's the same thing, but done differently. Rather than having "the good and the bad" I prefer having "the normal, no good or bad" lineup on my console...

Or you could just NOT get the bad games.

This is the wakiest thing i've read all week and this is after what Trump said about Muslims

Around the Network
Namiirei said:
method114 said:

Tales of Zestiria also did very well on PC.

Not even 100k, is very well for a worldwide number ?

It sold 5 time better on ps3 ...only with japan numbers. (i don't even count ps4)

100k in the west on Steam. It did less than that on PS4.

Namiirei said:
method114 said:

It sold 5 time better on ps3 ...only with japan numbers. (i don't even count ps4)

Ok this game has been out for a long time in Japan on the PS3. Let's compare PS4 numbers to steam. 

method114 said:
Namiirei said:
method114 said:

Ok this game has been out for a long time in Japan on the PS3. Let's compare PS4 numbers to steam. 

but why do that? the PS4 isnt even that old for one. And for two you are trying to argue that the game did well on PC even by regular standards some wouldnt consider those numbers well. When it can get close to console numbers is when it could be considered doing well.

oniyide said:
method114 said:

but why do that? the PS4 isnt even that old for one. And for two you are trying to argue that the game did well on PC even by regular standards some wouldnt consider those numbers well. When it can get close to console numbers is when it could be considered doing well.

It outsold the PS4 in the west period. The devs are happy with that. Maybe it didn't meet your standards but that's fine. It beat the PS4 here in the west and that to me is impressive. Espicially for a system where JRPGS don't sell like so many people like to claim. There is a reason all these JRPGs are coming to PC and it's not because they aren't selling well.

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:
Namiirei said:
method114 said:

Do you have a source for less then 100k on PS4 retail + digital?  You know since you're comparing it to digital numbes on Steam.

Blood_Tears said:
Edwardooo said:

Do you have a source for less then 100k on PS4 retail + digital?  You know since you're comparing it to digital numbes on Steam.

There's a bit of assumption, but the NPD first month of Tales of Zestiria PS3+PS4 was 58k

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185621882#post185621882

Europe likely won't compensate the gap. And it's PS3+PS4, versus Steam only.

method114 said:
oniyide said:

It outsold the PS4 in the west period. The devs are happy with that. Maybe it didn't meet your standards but that's fine. It beat the PS4 here in the west and that to me is impressive. Espicially for a system where JRPGS don't sell like so many people like to claim. There is a reason all these JRPGs are coming to PC and it's not because they aren't selling well.

impressive? how much PCs are there in the US vs. PS4s just in the US? How about we compare those numbers to PS3, since that would be more fair, but you dont want to do that as it seems to defeat your argument. And if the devs are happy thats great.

Edwardooo said:
Blood_Tears said:
Edwardooo said:

There's a bit of assumption, but the NPD first month of Tales of Zestiria PS3+PS4 was 58k

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185621882#post185621882

Europe likely won't compensate the gap. And it's PS3+PS4, versus Steam only.

NPD doesn't track digital though is my point.

oniyide said:
AsGryffynn said:

It's less that I choose the loser on purpose and more like the loser consistently draws me in more than the winner, and nothing... I just pointed out that I'd rather miss good games rather than have them AND bad games... In a way, it's the same thing, but done differently. Rather than having "the good and the bad" I prefer having "the normal, no good or bad" lineup on my console...

Or you could just NOT get the bad games.

This is the wakiest thing i've read all week and this is after what Trump said about Muslims

I buy my games from the store and I'd rather not browse a ton of garbage to find what I really want... that and the games on my current console drew me just as badly...