By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your plans for Rise of the Tomb Raider

So Rise of the Dark Knigh- I mean Tomb Raider is out, and its mean-spirited exclusivity is in effect. It's easy for various websites and pundits to speculated on whether or not this has/will turn out to be a good movie in terms of sales, or on what the public think of the scheme, but I'm curious, so I figure I'd ask people directily (the internet version of hitting the streets with a camerman and a microphone.

So tell me. What are your plans regarding Rise of the Tomb Raider assuming you have some interest in it?

Did you buy the previous game? Do you intend to buy this one? If so, are you going to shell out for an Xbox One for it? Did you already have an Xbox One? Are you planning to wait? If so, for three-four months (PC) or for a whole year (PS4)? Or are you planning on giving the game a miss?

I'll go first: I'm a PC gamer, so I'm just going to wait. I really don't want a console. I really like the first Tomb Raider, but not to the point that I wouldn't forgo the game entirely if Square Enix pushed their luck with me. There are always a dozen other games to play instead. But three to four months is hardly a wait, so I'll grab it on steam when it comes out;D Might wait for a sale given the presence of microtransactions though :S

What about you cool cats? What are your plans?

Around the Network

I'll buy it next year. Not buying a xbone when there is nothing else that is exclusive that i want on that console

2017 after it hits budget price

I originally played the first on PC and I was amazed, then Sony gave it for free on PS4, and then I played it again. I bought a Xone for Master Chief Collection, and I just didnt want to wait for the PS4 release so I got it for Xone. Still hadnt have time to finish it... :(

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

I grabbed Tomb Raider back on PS3 about a year and a half ago, it was on sale for 9.99€. Since I am a PS gamer I will have to wait until late next year, to get it, hoping it comes with all the DLC or at least at a discount to make up for all that wait, but might succumb and take it on PC if it is on sale before it comes out on PS4.

Around the Network

I bought it on PC during a Steam sale. Auto-platforming and QTEs made me stop playing and uninstall. Tried again later on PS3 when it came up on PS+. I got further this time, ran into a pack of wild QTEs, rage uninstalled. The least fun beginning of a game I've ever played in my life.

I might try the second one if it's $5 on Steam but probably not.

sub 19,99 on PS4 with seasons pass ill get it.

Will get it for the Bone when it goes on sale on digital or GwG, like I do with most games. 100% guaranteed on that.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Waiting for the PS4 release so I can pick it up. The last one was great.

I bought the last one on PS4 for $20. A year ago. Have yet to play it. I may get this one. May not. No plans as such.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."