By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I predict Xenoblade Chronicles X will sell NO MORE than 1 Million copes. (Sadly)

How much do you think it'll sell?

Over 4 Million 12 4.76%

Around 3.5 Million 2 0.79%

Around 3 Million 6 2.38%

Around 2.5 Million 3 1.19%

Around 2 million 30 11.90%

Around 1.5 Million 101 40.08%

Less than a Million 35 13.89%

Around 750,000 38 15.08%

Around 500,000 13 5.16%

Lower than 500,000 12 4.76%

Total:252

Well, if you look at the other games in the Xeno franchise the highest selling was Xenosaga episode 1 at 1.7 million and Xenogears at 1,4 million. So I think you're pretty right on Xenoblade Chronicles X at around 1 million or maybe even less than that given how small Wii U sales are.

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm not expecting this to reach 3/4 of a million LT. The first one didn't break a million and sequels sell even less for the most part.

In NA we tend to buy "story" driven games (Fallout/Mass Effect) vs games like Monster Hunter (lite story and tons of grinding).

noname2200 said:
Kjartan said:

plus Nintendo is really advertising the game here.

Serious question: are they? I haven't seen a single ad for the thing, and we're only a week away from release.

I seem it a few times on youtube. Nithing on TV though, Game sights are really pushing it too. Game explain alone has like 20 or so videos on it.

I'm gonna say lifetime 2mil based on nothing more than that's what I hope it sells.

I think it will sell better than 1M. The game was shown in a lot of Nintendo Directs and E3s for 3 years, Xenoblade has grown to be a know franchise in the gaming world, WiiU "benefits" of a short catalogue, and it's the biggest WiiU title this holidays. I don't expect more than 1.5M, but I really expect more than 1M.

Around the Network

It will sell similar to Bayonetta 2 .... about 01 million, maybe a little more.
Considering that it´s just about 10 % of the WiiU install base, I think it will be just fine.

People as always subestimating this game.It will at least sell 1 million LT, thats almost sure.The question is how much more.I personally believe the game will sell more than 2 million LF.And that it will reach 1 million by the end of the year(shipped + digital), but that is just hope saying it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

noname2200 said:
Kjartan said:

plus Nintendo is really advertising the game here.

Serious question: are they? I haven't seen a single ad for the thing, and we're only a week away from release.

Its not Mario kart or Splatoon levels, but they are.Not only they appeared in almost every direct(the important ones at least), they are also doing alot of online advertisement, with the survival guides and all, and there is also tv ads for US and Europe.Dont know how frequently they show up, but they exist.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

If Splatoon can sell 1 mill, then Xenoblade Chron. X will also.

Nintation360 said:

I'm not hating on the game. But people out there barely know what Xenoblade is... most likely the "casual" games out there. I've known this franchise for a few years now. I tried getting into it by watching Youtube gameplays of its past game and I didn't like it. I also watched gameplay videos of XCX itself but I'm still considering on getting it. I've been a huge Nintendo fan since I first picked up the controller and maybe me not picking it up? That tells me it's not going to sell over a million. But this is just my prediction. If it does ITS NOT going to sell over 1.5 Million that's not a prediction, that's a statement. It's just a shame for a hard worked 2-3 year development game not sell well like this, I hope sometime in the future it'll get released on the NX and maybe help with the sales, but I wish the best of luck with the game. I know its a fun great game for the Xeno fans out there!          

I don't think I'd enjoy watching Xenoblade to be honest - it's not a great spectator game! I'm not going to tell you to go against your gut, all I'm going to say is that I don't particularly like JRPGs but I loved the original Xenoblade. It's such an epic experience in every way - it feels like there's so much to see and do that you'll never get to it all. The battle system is a great mixture of strategy and action. I can only presume that X will be similar in these regards and I really think people should think about giving it a go!