By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will happen with DS and Wii connectivity?

We all know that Nintendo will discuss the Wii and DS compatibility near E3, so does that mean Nintendo will continue selling the DS until the end of Wii’s lifespan or will they introduce a new hand held during the course of time, and if they do so wont that take alot of focus away from the DS and Will connectivity?

What do you guys think?

Around the Network

I hope they start to do some cool stuff with it. Obv using the wii as a demo download station is a big feature to look forward to.

I would like to see developers be able to take advantage of the connectivity. For example, if Sega could have done something cool with M&S for Wii and DS, then there would have been more incentive for a user to buy both versions...

Or gh4 allowing u to use the DS to play bass backup to the guitar player...

Or 101 other uses for games that come to both platforms

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

I would like to see WiiWare be able to utilize the DS connectivity somehow. I just want to see something done here. We were told at the beginning we would have it and I have yet to see anything besides Geometry Wars that was any good.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

I know what I would like them to go with it but I really wonder how they're going to imlement it in NA/EU. My guess is that technologically it will be nerfed but it will still be interesting and the test case for online sales for the DS. I really hope they do something with Animal Crossing (or whatever) where you use can use the DS for some added functionality or content.