By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Two PS4 Bundles $299.99 December 6th - 19th

ArchangelMadzz said:
Ariakon said:

Not only that, but they have to pay EA for every copy of Battlefront in those bundles. This way they got to sell a ton of cheaper (for them) bundles for Black Friday and still capitalize on the Star Wars hype. 

And to continue the GAF stupidity, the force awakens  which after a month will be a billion dollar movie, comes out in December! The amount of Parents that will get that cause their kid is now high on star wars.

2 billion dollar movie.

Around the Network

This is such a good deal. While I bought my The Last of Us bundle before summer at $399 I am wishing I would have waited.. I already have The Last of Us on PS3 and the Remaster was definitely fun, the game was already amazing so it just felt like more of the same. I would rather get 3 games that I love remastered over 1 game that I love remastered. Also I feel like Uncharted Drakes Fortune would benefit the most from a new coat of paint since I remember playing that game November of 2007... while at the time it was the best looking game I had ever seen, it really didn't age well looking back now 8 years later.

Edit: I didn't even mention $100 less which is enough to buy a new game and maybe sneak in a used game. Definitely kicking myself I didn't wait a few more months. 

Sony riding in The Force Awakens hype.

It's a surprise and at the same time it's pretty expected...

MS will respond?

Wow Sony is ready to kill off the Xbox One.... They let Xbox one have a $50-100 price advantage since MS drop the Kinect 2.0. But, those day are over PS4 is now same price has Xbox One and Microsoft doesn't have a response to Sony aggressive price drop.

There is a chance for the PS4 to reach 40 m by 31 March?

Around the Network

Jesus Christ...

I didn't want to buy a PS4 until mid 2016 but this offer is to good to pass up.

Vainilla09 said:
There is a chance for the PS4 to reach 40 m by 31 March?

Between December, February (SFV) and March (UC4)...I think the possibility exists. Let's wait for the consumer response regarding this "Jedi price cut".

its no suprise that the Star Wars Bundle is going to be 6-19 DEC. 6 DEC is the day before everyone can play the Battle of Jakku map (which is getting advertising of its own) and the 19th is the day after TFA comes out. You can bet that Sony will play commercials for the Star Wars bundle in theaters on the 17th and 18th as people will be getting to the theater early and will be saving their seats and sitting through the commericials.

Millions of people who are going to watch TFA are going to see an advert for a cool looking SW game, with a "special" bundle price that ends in 1 day! If they love the movie (almost everyone will on 1st viewing, it will be after time people accept it was not good as they hoped) they may impulse buy that awsome looking Star Wars game with the PS4.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:

its no suprise that the Star Wars Bundle is going to be 6-19 DEC. 6 DEC is the day before everyone can play the Battle of Jakku map (which is getting advertising of its own) and the 19th is the day after TFA comes out. You can bet that Sony will play commercials for the Star Wars bundle in theaters on the 17th and 18th as people will be getting to the theater early and will be saving their seats and sitting through the commericials.

Millions of people who are going to watch TFA are going to see an advert for a cool looking SW game, with a "special" bundle price that ends in 1 day! If they love the movie (almost everyone will on 1st viewing, it will be after time people accept it was not good as they hoped) they may impulse buy that awsome looking Star Wars game with the PS4.

I'm curious about as to what stock will be available for the SW bundle. Naturally, SCE would want to have as many as they can stockpile before the release, but there is a finite number produced which means depending upon availability, they could sell out of those bundles. 

On a related note, I did see a half stack of PS4 bundles on Black Friday that morning, which means they didn't sell out at the midnight opening at least at that one location. I wouldn't have been surprised if those were gone by closing though. 

So the how many can SCE sell may simply boil down to how many bundles are available.

This time they really want dat sweet sweet NPD.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.