By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

So the ranking gap between SW and Gears actually grew.. Told you this week was not that big, specially online. X1 being ahead had no real effect. Also why hourlies are mere indicators and weekly+monthly matter the most
Without those stock issues only felt online the SW bundle would still be #1 on monthly, and it's assuredly still the #1 item across stores in the US.

BTW COD bundle already well ahead of Gears now.

Around the Network

3 hours since last update:

#25 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (up 5)
#27 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 2)
#38 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 8)
#70 N3DS Black (up 6)
#77 PS4 Fool's Edition (same)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 8 bundles, 1 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

Although this is my complete guess, I think XB1 is going to hit rock bottom this January. XB1 were relying on the "best lineup in history" to give them some momentum into 2016 but it just hasn't happened. MS are going to need to keep that $300 price tag to keep good sales through the "off season" and compete with a $350 PS4. I think this is why they want to try for the "best lineup in history" again in 2016 and and keep people interested.

It might look rosy for MS right now in the US but I'm not sure where they can go from here.

GribbleGrunger said:

Just wow really.    And this is how you know Sony is winning.  I can't even remember the last time I saw a vinilla Xbox One.  I really can't.

CosmicSex said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Just wow really.    And this is how you know Sony is winning.  I can't even remember the last time I saw a vinilla Xbox One.  I really can't.

I think Microsoft learned their lesson with the "Day One" Xbox One. 

It looked so bad that you could easily find this SKU well past 6 months after launch.

They are mixing the SKU's with smaller shipments to let them sell out quickly.

Around the Network

So now that we have price parity again PS4 is still outselling X1 on hourlies with at leat 2:1 margin. Besides that the whole week with PS4 being pretty lower haven't even scratched the monthlies and barely had impact on weekly? That is some crazy things.

And I'm glad Gribble wisened up =p joking

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

An Ode to Aaron Greenberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_H-LY4Jb2M

Well gears bundle lost its appeal since you can't get the other 4 games bc anymore. Cod doing well on ps4.

jason1637 said:
Well gears bundle lost its appeal since you can't get the other 4 games bc anymore. Cod doing well on ps4.

The Gears of War BC deal is valid for 2 more days, I think.

WillianBM97 said:
jason1637 said:

The Gears of War BC deal is valid for 2 more days, I think.

I don't exactly  know how long it last but if it didn't end already it should end sometime soon. I'm wondering what would be the main bundle from now on, or will they continue the promotion for gears.