By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Madword said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Well, it's kinda obvious that console sales are gonna drop a bit, now that Christmas is over. Things will get back to "normal", on Amazon. The PS+ cards didn't take long to go back to the top.

oh I agree... what I am saying is that the gap in the hourlies mean very little at the moment, because I suspect (and this is only a guess), that week less people were going to be ordering stuff to be delivered, and thus any gap was negligable. I suspect it will start to normalise this week and not be back to normal until the 4th of Jan. But for example being No1 in Week 3 in december, will be nothing like being No1 sales wise a few days before Xmas, certainly for expensive items because I just dont believe people will order online items which they can get before Xmas day from retail. Unless there was a massive price difference which there hasnt been.

For example I got a PS4 from amazon at launch because I knew retail would be difficult to get one. I wouldnt have purchased one Xmas week, I would have gone to retail.

I bought mine from Amazon at launch as well. I have Amazon Prime, so i'd still have bought mine online. I buy as much stuff online as humanly possible.

Around the Network

Only a few more hundred days in December at top and X1 will take this!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Xbox one and PS4 killing it!

vivster said:

CGI-Quality said:
Pionner said:
We have reports of the opposite happening. Using the hourly to infer that PS4 bundles are not doing as good as Sony hoped frankly doesn't make any sene. Especially since, again, insiders on gaf say the SW bundle is still selling extremely well.

Yep. It's the "not doing so good" bit that people are speaking about. From what I saw, the PS4 lost steam on Amazon the minute that stock issues occured. I doubt it's as much to do with the price, being that the system was still ahead (remaining #1, even) when the price had gone back up to $349.99.

Yep, PS4 have outsold X1 the whole year being 50 more expensive, so it isn't strange that it would do it on December as well.

vivster said:

Owww you...

And it seems the hourly are pretty even at the moment and the monthlies didn't flinch, so we won't see any issues in NPD x Amazon... but both indicate that VGC will have X1 ahead.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Here's today's update to the monthly ranks:

PS4 Star Wars basic bundle: #2 (—)
XBO Gears bundle: either #13 (↓1)
PS4 NDC (disc) bundle: #36 (↓2)
New 3DS XL (black): #40 (—)
XBO 1TB 3-game bundle: #49 (↑1)
Wii U MK8 bundle: #54 (—)

And here's the update to the Week 4 rankings:

PS4 COD bundle (standard): #13 (—)
XBO Gears bundle: #14 (↑1)
XBO 3-game Holiday bundle: #37 (↓5)
New 3DS XL (Black): #47 (↓10)
PS4 Star Wars bundle: #48 (—)
Wii U MK8 bundle: #74 (↓5)
XBO Elite bundle: #97 (↓2)

These should be the rankings as of Christmas Eve. I'm surprised the standard COD bundle hasn't shown up in the monthlies yet. Still, with the Star Wars bundle at #2 and the Gears bundle at #13, and with sales heading to their inevitable post-Christmas drop, this should be all she wrote for any more big movements in the monthlies. Everything should be staying pretty flat in the monthlies for the next week's worth of updates.

How did gears go down it has been in the lead for 6 days.

jason1637 said:

How did gears go down it has been in the lead for 6 days.

Use your nugget on this one.

5 hours since last update:

#18 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 6)
#24 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (up 4)
#29 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 3)
#67 N3DS Black (up 5)
#70 XB1 Three Game Bundle (down 5)
#83 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#96 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 11)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 3 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

How many hours left at $300 for the gears bundle?

re-tagging thread.