By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

bananaking21 said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
Since today's the last day of the Xbox One deal, anyone wanna start making guesses at how long it stays up in price before "extending" the promotion? I say 12 days.

they wont. i think they will stick with 350$ as their main price point and just bundle in an AAA game in january, or keep gears.

i think the 299$ price promotion was only made to counter Sony's. if Sony didnt do the two week PS4 promotion i doubt we would have seen the 299$ XB1 price in december. 

I could see them having a halo bundle for $350 or have a fallout 500gb bundle for $350 until march when they might bundle The Division. 

Around the Network

4 hours since last update:

#21 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 2)
#30 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (up 2)
#32 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 2)
#54 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 1)
#66 XB1 Three Game Bundle (up 5)
#80 N3DS Black (up 2)
#94 PS4 Fools Edition (up 2)
#98 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (re-entry)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 3 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

So the default bundle is gonna be COD going forward, i assume

5 hours since last update:

#22 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 1)
#26 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (up 4)
#28 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 4)
#53 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 1)
#64 XB1 Three Game Bundle (up 2)
#81 N3DS Black (down 1)
#88 PS4 Fools Edition (up 6)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

How long XB1 price drop of $299 will be there ?

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network

Tomorrow it will be back at $349.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

6 hours since last update:

#22 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#23 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 5)
#25 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (up 1)
#64 XB1 Three Game Bundle (same)
#70 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 17)
#80 N3DS Black (up 1)
#83 PS4 Fools Edition (up 5)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

So looking at the weekly/monthly it seems the 6 days of XBO ahead in the hourlies has done very little to close the gap... or am I reading that wrong?

This would suggest that the sales right now of consoles on amazon are low...and the gap difference is tiny. This means on amazon, the PS4 did its damage in the first three weeks, as already mentioned when you could get it delivered in time. I don't think much will happen now on amazon until we get to the 4th of Jan. In terms of retail, well i think it will be a totally different story with enough stock etc. I expect a 200k gap at minimum.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
So looking at the weekly/monthly it seems the 6 days of XBO ahead in the hourlies has done very little to close the gap... or am I reading that wrong?

This would suggest that the sales right now of consoles on amazon are low...and the gap difference is tiny. This means on amazon, the PS4 did its damage in the first three weeks, as already mentioned when you could get it delivered in time. I don't think much will happen now on amazon until we get to the 4th of Jan. In terms of retail, well i think it will be a totally different story with enough stock etc. I expect a 200k gap at minimum.

Well, it's kinda obvious that console sales are gonna drop a bit, now that Christmas is over. Things will get back to "normal", on Amazon. The PS+ cards didn't take long to go back to the top.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Madword said:

Well, it's kinda obvious that console sales are gonna drop a bit, now that Christmas is over. Things will get back to "normal", on Amazon. The PS+ cards didn't take long to go back to the top.

oh I agree... what I am saying is that the gap in the hourlies mean very little at the moment, because I suspect (and this is only a guess), that week less people were going to be ordering stuff to be delivered, and thus any gap was negligable. I suspect it will start to normalise this week and not be back to normal until the 4th of Jan. But for example being No1 in Week 3 in december, will be nothing like being No1 sales wise a few days before Xmas, certainly for expensive items because I just dont believe people will order online items which they can get before Xmas day from retail. Unless there was a massive price difference which there hasnt been.

For example I got a PS4 from amazon at launch because I knew retail would be difficult to get one. I wouldnt have purchased one Xmas week, I would have gone to retail.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!