By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

WillianBM97 said:
This "best line-up in Xbox history" thing was a mistake. They use this to talk about exclusives...
Forza 6, Halo 5 and Gears Remastered: the old cycle. As a Xbox One owner, I'm disappointed with this line-up.
Rare Replay: collection of old games.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: timed.
I think 2016 is the right year to use this slogan. MS has a good line-up in 2015 (better than PS4, in my opinion) but not enough to do all this marketing.

PR is PR, and they hope that any discussion they generate, even on their mistakes serves to create awareness and impact positively on sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
WillianBM97 said:
This "best line-up in Xbox history" thing was a mistake. They use this to talk about exclusives...
Forza 6, Halo 5 and Gears Remastered: the old cycle. As a Xbox One owner, I'm disappointed with this line-up.
I think 2016 is the right year to use this slogan. MS has a good line-up in 2015 (better than PS4, in my opinion) but not enough to do all this marketing.

Yeah so I think that the problem is that when you say "best line-up in Xbox history" (Kudo said the best lineup of any console ever lol), the immediate question becomes : To who? You don't want to sound like you are patting yourself on the back.  And lets face it: Forza bombed, Gears doesn't have the same allure, Rare Replay contains more old games than PS4s entire catalog, Halo is really contracting massively, and Tomb Raider bombed.  

2016?  Scalebound will probably bomb, poor Quantum Break will probably bomb (insert sadface), Recore will bomb, and Gears 4 and Halo Wars 2 are really milking those franchises to death.  My bets are on Crackdown and Cuphead (which looks amazing).  Thats not the best lineup in history though.  Lets wait for E3 though.  For now Sony is crushing their 'best lineup ever' which is why you are right... it was a mistake. 

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:
I hope somebody open this page while eating and see that picture.
Be it Insipid!

You are evil BraMan

I never saw a thread having so many off-topic posts being this fan and without any hassle.

Where is X1Gates now that X1 have been trouncing PS4 on the hourly ranks?

But Insipid had already eaten

I bet it was briggle fault, he is always late... he didn't inform you about the timing of insipid.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

CosmicSex said:
WillianBM97 said:

Yeah so I think that the problem is that when you say "best line-up in Xbox history" (Kudo said the best lineup of any console ever lol), the immediate question becomes : To who? You don't want to sound like you are patting yourself on the back.  And lets face it: Forza bombed, Gears doesn't have the same allure, Rare Replay contains more old games than PS4s entire catalog, Halo is really contracting massively, and Tomb Raider bombed.  

2016?  Scalebound will probably bomb, poor Quantum Break will probably bomb (insert sadface), Recore will bomb, and Gears 4 and Halo Wars 2 are really milking those franchises to death.  My bets are on Crackdown and Cuphead (which looks amazing).  Thats not the best lineup in history though.  Lets wait for E3 though.  For now Sony is crushing their 'best lineup ever' which is why you are right... it was a mistake. 

I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about quality. I think that in terms of quality the Xbox One has a great line-up this year, but it happened in 2014 and 2013, so nothing has changed drastically. Goog games and that's it. Also, I woke up seeing the words "Countdown - The biggest sale ever"... Microsoft should rethink they PR, honestly.

WillianBM97 said:
CosmicSex said:

I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about quality. I think that in terms of quality the Xbox One has a great line-up this year, but it happened in 2014 and 2013, so nothing has changed drastically. Goog games and that's it. Also, I woke up seeing the words "Countdown - The biggest sale ever"... Microsoft should rethink they PR, honestly.

LOL@ 'the biggest sale ever!'  The really need a new PR team.  ****Introducing the best PR ever****.

But in truth,  it is about sales because if its the best ever, everyone should be SOOO excited to play them.  And they aren't.  Its because the Forza, Gears, Halo combo is old.  So this year, the only thing to be excited about are the new IPs.  And I am telling you that quality is your own subjectivity.  (there is nothing wrong with that by the way)

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

I bet it was briggle fault, he is always late... he didn't inform you about the timing of insipid.

I even implied it would be Insipid 'cause you know... it would be... insipid...

Well, blaming Briggle is always nice, so let it be.

He's even late to defend himself.

BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Old people sleep a lot.

They also do not know how to use technology. He probably takes him 30 minutes to type one message using the keyboard.

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:

But Insipid had already eaten

I even implied it would be Insipid 'cause you know... it would be... insipid...

Well, blaming Briggle is always nice, so let it be.

Well you know, he is so insipid that he didn't let us taste the joke. But yes briggle may have interfered.

SWORDF1SH said:
BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Old people sleep a lot.

They also do not know how to use technology. He probably takes him 30 minutes to type one message using the keyboard.

You two are just too awesome.

CosmicSex said:
WillianBM97 said:

LOL@ 'the biggest sale ever!'  The really need a new PR team.  ****Introducing the best PR ever****.

But in truth,  it is about sales because if its the best ever, everyone should be SOOO excited to play them.  And they aren't.  Its because the Forza, Gears, Halo combo is old.  So this year, the only thing to be excited about are the new IPs.  And I am telling you that quality is your own subjectivity.  (there is nothing wrong with that by the way)

Hey, you didn't see when they said "OK guys, 2015 is our best line up ever, but 2016 will be our best line up ever too" ?

They hired a PR consultant for 5 minutes one year ago, he taught them the words "Best *** ever", they don't know what else they can say...

CosmicSex said:
WillianBM97 said:

I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about quality. I think that in terms of quality the Xbox One has a great line-up this year, but it happened in 2014 and 2013, so nothing has changed drastically. Good games and that's it. Also, I woke up seeing the words "Countdown - The biggest sale ever"... Microsoft should rethink they PR, honestly.

Yes, when we talk about quality, there's opinion in it. Talking about Amazon rankings: BO3 PS4 Bundle seems to be taking good care of the edge that the SW Bundle gave to Sony, even with Xbox One being cheaper for this week.