By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Insidb said:
GribbleGrunger said:
The SW Bundle is now out of stock until after Christmas. Unless Sony bundle SW in with the Nathan Drake Bundle and the Black Ops 3 Bundle they're going to miss out on huge sales. I'm talking about Amazon here, not Sony.

Dat Star Wars money doe.

Of course none of this really matters at all because Gampstop shows a complete shutout... and the sold out Star Wars is still number one on Amazon. 

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/consoles?nav=28-xu0,13ffff2412-4f

JAnd its number one and in stock at BestBuy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?nrp=15&cp=1&seeAll=&browsedCategory=abcat0700000&qp=&ks=960&sp=-bestsellingsort%20skuidsaas&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&st=categoryid$abcat0700000&lid=Products:%20All%20New%20Releases&ref=199&loc=je6NUbpObpQ&acampID=1&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-lMHM1WyNiBVd1NMRiSK8Xg

Around the Network

Sucks for Amazon but retail seems to have plenty of supply of the SW bundle. Haven't seen any NDC bundles in the wild wonder if that bundle is done. Still haven't seen the BO3 500GB bundle anywhere. Wondering if retailers will put them out tomorrow.

GribbleGrunger said:
The SW Bundle is now out of stock until after Christmas. Unless Sony bundle SW in with the Nathan Drake Bundle and the Black Ops 3 Bundle they're going to miss out on huge sales. I'm talking about Amazon here, not Sony.

Why would any manufacturer ship stuff into a warehouse somewhere in Buttfuck, Arizona?

The few days before and after XMas, your stuff needs to be in the shops. Desperate parents looking for last-minute presents, kids with XMas money are your target customers, lazy-ass people ordering from the couch are irrelevant around this time.

If Sony really just ran out of stock to ship into warehouses (like Amazon), I'd say that is perfect inventory management.

Amazon no longer takes orders for the SW bundle. Doesn't even say "in stock on the X" or anything, it can't be added to the cart. You can still buy from 3rd parties at higher prices though
Guess this means Amazon isn't getting more stock
Stores are doing fine so it'll keep selling there. But it seems to indicate Sony will phase out SW and NDC after the holidays and just stick with the COD bundle until U4

Yeah I wouldnt be ordering a console online at this stage, though if you have prime next day delivery you might.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Never mind, they are taking orders again..but still out of stock. Wtf amazon. I'm gonna stop checking cause what is the point

CosmicSex said:
Insidb said:

Dat Star Wars money doe.

Of course none of this really matters at all because Gampstop shows a complete shutout... and the sold out Star Wars is still number one on Amazon. 

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/consoles?nav=28-xu0,13ffff2412-4f

JAnd its number one and in stock at BestBuy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?nrp=15&cp=1&seeAll=&browsedCategory=abcat0700000&qp=&ks=960&sp=-bestsellingsort%20skuidsaas&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&st=categoryid$abcat0700000&lid=Products:%20All%20New%20Releases&ref=199&loc=je6NUbpObpQ&acampID=1&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-lMHM1WyNiBVd1NMRiSK8Xg

With the movie being what it is...the game is going to crush it this holiday.

drkohler said:

Why would any manufacturer ship stuff into a warehouse somewhere in Buttfuck, Arizona?

The few days before and after XMas, your stuff needs to be in the shops. Desperate parents looking for last-minute presents, kids with XMas money are your target customers, lazy-ass people ordering from the couch are irrelevant around this time.

If Sony really just ran out of stock to ship into warehouses (like Amazon), I'd say that is perfect inventory management.

That's why I pointed out the sales are Amazon's loss, not Sony's.

The PS5 Exists. 

december sales will be interesting. with the SW bundle PS4 is in the best position to easily take the month. all they have to do is keep the damn thing in stock. even when the price goes back to 350$, with how the movie hype i think it will still sell shit loads. that CoD bundle wont do bad either.

5 hours since last update:

#01 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (same)
#10 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#28 N3DS Black (same)
#42 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (down 2)
#53 XB1 Three Game Bundle (up 1)
#67 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 6)
#87 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (up 1)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 8 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
Halo Bundle + Forza Horizon + destiny ($450)
Kinect Bundle ($412)
Three Game Bundle ($350)
Tombraider Bundle ($360)
Elite Bundle ($449)

PS4 Deals:

Star Wars Bundle + Digital Copy Of Star Wars 1 Comic ($300)
Black Ops 3 ($350)
Nathan Drake Bundle ($350)

WiiU/3DS Deals:
N3DSXL ($175)

Last month I said the gap would be 300k - 350k and it was just a little under 250k, so this month I'm going to stick with 300k - 350k. After Chrismas I'm dropping the 'deals' section because it's a pain in the ass to keep up with.

The PS5 Exists.