By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

My local (NYC) BestBuy had tons of SW PS4s (10 stacks of 8-10 consoles) in stock two days ago, so I think they're ready. I did notice that they have 3 times as much X1 stock and about 2 times as much WiiU stock; that may affect sales.

Around the Network

Is it possible that the price drop exceeded Sony's expectations?

Selling out of your stock is a good problem to have. It's much better than having all of these different sku's just itiing there for months after anybody cares about buying them.

It seems to be in stock most places. As someone already wrote several pages back, in these last days before Xmas retail takes priority over online,

Roronaa_chan said:
It seems to be in stock most places. As someone already wrote several pages back, in these last days before Xmas retail takes priority over online,

Ya I wrote that. I think we are reaching that point about right now where online sales dont really represent what is really going on. Yes you can still order now and get it by Christmas, but if I was getting my kids something I would not risk it at this point. 

This saturday is the biggest shopping day of the year for traditional retail. Yes bigger than BF. Not nessarily for Videogames, but total sales. BF is heavily geared towards tech items.  

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:
Getting SW bundles out of stock now is a really bad sign of stock management.
Somebody head will roll out this year, Amazon looks like doesn't have a clue about how to handle PlayStation 4 stocks. This means they are losing chances to make more money.

I think it's safe to say they're opporating at full capacity this year. If that's all they can produce there's nothing they can do about it.

If they just ran out of the bundle now online that is close to perfect stock management. I am a logistician I do this kinda stuff for a living. I think in a perfect world they would have liked to run out online maybe Sunday. But as volatile as these things can be they did a great job shipping the right amount to meet demand at the price. Remember the price goes back up Sunday. Perfect timing. 

The homestretch is traditional retail heavy. Its sounds like that have decent supply there. 

psn- tokila

It's back in stock though. This bundle's situation right now is a bit shifty. When NDC went out of stock, it stayed that way. It's not back until after Xmas. This one is popping in and out. It's possible they are ourposely withholding stock to ensure they'll have enough for the weekend

Roronaa_chan said:
It's back in stock though. This bundle's situation right now is a bit shifty. When NDC went out of stock, it stayed that way. It's not back until after Xmas. This one is popping in and out. It's possible they are ourposely withholding stock to ensure they'll have enough for the weekend

to me it means they dont have much reserve stock left so they are doing smaller shipments to make sure each vendor has a least some supply to work with.  What they dont want is Vendor X to have a crap ton of unsold stock while vendor Y has been sold out for a week.

psn- tokila

CoD bundle should make its appearance soon in the top 100 soon.

it was rank 2000 something last time i checked. (maybe yesterday or the day before) and now its 135.

12 hours since last update:

#11 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 8)
#13 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#32 N3DS Black (up 6)
#82 XB1 Three Game Bundle (re-entry)
#85 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 14)
#90 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (down 5)
#98 PS4 Black Ops 3 (down 4)

PS4 - 3 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 7 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
Halo Bundle + Forza Horizon + destiny ($450)
Kinect Bundle ($410)
Three Game Bundle ($350)
Tombraider Bundle ($362)
Elite Bundle ($449)

PS4 Deals:
Star Wars Bundle + Digital Copy Of Star Wars 1 Comic ($300)

WiiU/3DS Deals:
N3DSXL ($175)

The PS5 Exists.