By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worth it? MGSV on Xone sold 400K WW so far.

Was it worth it?

Konami just shot themselves in the foot... 88 52.69%

It was worth it.Atleast K... 79 47.31%

Total:167
kurasakiichimaru said:
WoodenPints said:
Doubt exclusivity would of made them more money 400k + 100k for 360 + the standard 20% digital sales = estimate of 600k which gives us a potential $36,000,000 revenue from the Xbox versions which isn't small by any means.

Revenue vs profits. Are you saying money can't be made in another way? The game could've been released sooner and have probably got out of the Destiny Taken King's launch window. if they concentrated on the relevant platforms. It's actually possible that MGSV was held back and considering the deficiencies of the Xbox One. It's not hard to imagine some things, y'know when you consider all the possibilities.

Oh come on, the Xbox One did not held back MGSV. It was on PS3 and 360 too, so if those didn't hold back on the PS4 one, I doubt the One hold back the PS4 version. Using that logic, I could say the PS4 version held back the PC version.

Around the Network
hiccupthehuman said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Revenue vs profits. Are you saying money can't be made in another way? The game could've been released sooner and have probably got out of the Destiny Taken King's launch window. if they concentrated on the relevant platforms. It's actually possible that MGSV was held back and considering the deficiencies of the Xbox One. It's not hard to imagine some things, y'know when you consider all the possibilities.

Oh come on, the Xbox One did not held back MGSV. It was on PS3 and 360 too, so if those didn't hold back on the PS4 one, I doubt the One hold back the PS4 version. Using that logic, I could say the PS4 version held back the PC version.

Wasting your time, bro.  People are going to believe what they want.  If they dislike a platform, they'll find something to hold against it.  The Xbox 360 held back the ps3 for years despite normally having the best versions of multi-plats.  Now, the Xbox One caused ask of the internal problems at Konami.  Just accept it.

I have a feeling a lot of people are just voting that it wasn't worth it because they wished they could have added MGSV in their ''muh PS4 exclusive list'', and don't really care about Konami' inancial well-being.

Possibly but the 360 version definitely wasn't worth it. In my opinion it should have been ps4 / pc only

I actually prefer the Xbox consoles (360 and One, at least) but I've always loved Metal Gear since I played the first one on NES. Personally, I can't bring myself to play the series on anything but PlayStation including MGS Rising.

I wish MGSV was never made. I think it sucks ass a game but I also feel obligated to finish it and I can't force myself to do it. Maybe it didn't sell on Xbox One because it just isn't a good game?

Around the Network
hiccupthehuman said:

I have a feeling a lot of people are just voting that it wasn't worth it because they wished they could have added MGSV in their ''muh PS4 exclusive list'', and don't really care about Konami' inancial well-being.

Pretty much this. Might as well make all multiplats ps4 exclusive according to some people in this thread. As long as it makes them happy sod the rest of us. 

So this is one of those "we like it when they have nothing" threads?

some of these X1 sales may as well have happened still on PS4 or PC for multiple console users, so not all of those sales would be 'lost', just food for thought

d21lewis said:
I actually prefer the Xbox consoles (360 and One, at least) but I've always loved Metal Gear since I played the first one on NES. Personally, I can't bring myself to play the series on anything but PlayStation including MGS Rising.

I wish MGSV was never made. I think it sucks ass a game but I also feel obligated to finish it and I can't force myself to do it. Maybe it didn't sell on Xbox One because it just isn't a good game?

could well be... rising was on X360 and it wasn't good, so GZ was on X360 and X1 and was underwhelming, so V being on both is the reason this one isn't very good.. all other MGs are god send.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

kurasakiichimaru said:
WoodenPints said:
Doubt exclusivity would of made them more money 400k + 100k for 360 + the standard 20% digital sales = estimate of 600k which gives us a potential $36,000,000 revenue from the Xbox versions which isn't small by any means.

"considering the deficiencies of the Xbox One"? it was more harmed by being cross gen than by that.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection