By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Why not track Digital Sales when the Companys do give out that data? Star Craft 2:LOTV has sold over 1 million.

Trunkin said:

Well, it seems to me the problem is that people put too much trust in these sites numbers in general. It would help if VGChartz was more open about their methods and limitations. It should be obvious to anyone that something is off when PC only accounts for 1% of a games sales. No one would even bother supporting the platform in that case.

But yeah, it would be nice if sites like Steam and Origin would post the sales numbers of (consenting) publishers on their platforms. I really don't see what would be the harm in doing so, and then this endless wave of speculation and shoddy numbers would finally be over.

In the end if some of the speculation was killed it wouldn't stop some die hards from enacting the downplay, the same fok that use Steam Spy as a tool against the platform would likely use whatever scraps of real data they could find as a means to debase it. This is more or less why I;m also ok with Steam just not giving out such data, hwen a dev knows they are happy with the sales, we know they know about such sales data that they won't give us but they at least know how well it did for them.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Developer also generating more with Digital Sales for example The Witcher 3 Dev earn 50% of its revenue from digital sales.